Can You Have Both Breast Augmentation and Lift As Well As a Lower Body Lift All at the Same Time?

the questions is about multiple procedures at the same time

360 lower body lift circumferential body lift breast lift breast implants massive weight loss

Dear rlinda,
Yes, you certainly can have a 360 lower bodylift and breast augmentation with lift at the same time. First, I perform the posterior or backside portion of the lower body lift. Then, I perform the anterior or front side of the lower body lift.  After the bodylift is complete and if the patient is still stable under anesthesia, I move onto the breast augmentation and breast lift or mastopexy.
The procedures are done under general anesthesia.  Recovery takes 2 to 3 weeks. Please seek a board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in massive weight loss patients.  
Good luck with your weight loss journey.

Breast Lift Same Time as a Lower Body Lift

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Breast lift and implants

Although I have always performed breast lifts with implants in a single stage with very low revision rates over the past 25 years and I have not experienced more excessive scarring. Even if this did occur it could easily be taken care of as an office procedure later. I have no problems however with other plastic surgeons who feel the need to do this in two stages. It is becoming a trend to do breast lifts with implants in one stage however the important point is that surgeons should do what they do best. Usually their training determines what technique they will perform in the future.You should never "force" a surgeon to do a technique that they do not feel comfortable performing.
Make sure you pick a board certified plastic surgeon.

I usually perform all of these together in about 6 hrs in an otherwise healthy person. This is a reasonable time under anesthesia in a healthy person. This minimizes many of the complications associated with longer anesthesia time.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Multiple procedure surgery

You can definitely do it all at once, but it is a lot of surgery and if you don't want your surgeon rushing you may want to do it in stages. A breast lift with implants is a complex operation and you may want to consider doing it alone. The lower body lift and abdominoplasty are often combined. We published a paper in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery on this issue and our data reveals that while multiple procedure is safe, you do have an increased risk of some minor wound healing issues. Make sure you have a good surgical team and a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck!

Jeffrey Gusenoff, MD
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Combined Procedures

Multiple procedures can be done safely, but it depends on your health status (past medical history), your anatomy, and the amount of surgery/type of procedures to be done.  On longer cases, an overnight stay may be recommended.  Please talk to your plastic surgeon to get their thoughts on the matter as they are most familiar with your medical history and overall health status. 

Please confirm that your plastic surgeon is board certified plastic surgeon specifically by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.  Remember, safety first.  You can always come back and fight another day.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Combining procedures

can always be done but in general, most surgeons don't like exceeding 6 hours of time under anesthesia.  It doesn't mean that it can't be done but patient safety should always come first.  And the nice thing about having staged procedures is that the second procedure can be used as an opportunity to tweak your original results.  Your surgeon should be able to tell you if he/she can do everything that you ask about.

Curtis Wong, MD

Bodylift, Breast Augmentation and Lift , Dr. Adibfar, Plastic Surgeon Toronto

Hello

We commonly do this combination at our center with 2 surgeons well experienced in massive weight loss surgery and therefore try to keep the surgical time below 8 hours and minimize the risks and complications.

Thank you

Lower body lift and breast lift with implants at the same time?

I probably would not do these procedures in one visit to the operating room.  In general, my time limit for surgery is about 6 hours.  A lower body lift is a big hit for both the patient and the surgeon.  These procedures are a lot of work and in general it takes me 5 - 6 hours to perform one.  They take a long time because there is a lot of dissection, some liposuction, a bajillion sutures and at least two position changes. 

These cases by definition put a lot of stress on the body and expose a large area of skin and subcutaneous tissue.  Problems with hypothermia or anemia or fluid imbalance can occur with extensive surgery.  It may be more convenient and less expensive to do the body lift and breast surgery in one operation but I honestly don't think it is the safest or best way to go.

As far as doing a lower body lift (or the breast surgery for that matter) under anything short of general anesthesia sounds like torture for both patient and the surgical and anesthetic staff.  I would not do a lengthy procedure like this without airway control and an anesthesiologist.  The amount of local anesthetic needed for a lower body lift would clean out my entire stock and exceed what is considered a safe dose.  Just because this is considered cosmetic surgery, it is not minor surgery!

Also, I will admit this, after more than 6 hours of what is truly hard manual labor, I am dog tired and I would rather save the very important breast surgery for another time when I am well rested and at the top of my game. 

I know there may be surgeons out there who can do marathon surgery, but I'm not one of them.  I don't want to be adding the finishing touches on the nipple inset in a breast lift when I am fatigued and in a hurry to get home to dinner. 

It's better to be paranoid than sorry and it's better to be well rested than tired.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Multiple procedures

Hi rlinda. Tha simple answer is yes. LBL and breast aug/lift are commonly done together and in my experience should be done together. You need ti find a ps who specializes in LBL as this is a technically demanding procedure to do correctly. Good luck

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon