How can I remove this keloid scar on my belly button? (Photo)

I got a belly button piercing about a year ago and my body rejected it. I've been left with this big scar on my belly button and I want it gone! Is plastic surgery an option for me? My body has a hard time healing with scars and they usually end up healing larger and redder than most. I would really like my belly button to return back to the way it is supposed to look! It's very embarrassing for me.

Keloid scars on the belly button

I would recommend our Hidef Scar Protocol which includes treatments for keloids (surgery, injections, and lasers). 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Keloid and Treatment

A combination of V-Beam laser and intralesional cortisone injections will help improve this scar. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD