Can you do breast lift with extended Tummy tuck together and if so how much time out of work is reasonable ?

Healing & Activity after a Mommy Makeover

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation #Mastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing. But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. 
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.
As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Good question.
With standard techniques a breast lift with extended TT may be done together. However, if using The Ultimate Breast Lift method performing both procedures together may not be possible. The UBL method is significantly more involved and usually takes twice as long as a standard lift. Please view the video below to see what can actually be achieved with this technique. Implants are never used with this method and the vertical incision component has been completely eliminated.
For most patients who have a desk job, 2 weeks off is appropriate.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Tummy tuck & breast lift

Yes, these procedures are often performed together as part of a "Mommy Makeover". You will need to take 2 weeks off work and then take it easy for another 4 weeks. Hope this helps. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Combination of Procedures

Yes, your interest in a breast lift and tummy tuck is reasonable and these procedures are often performed at the same time. Please consult with your board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about both surgeries, understand expectations, and recovery time. On average, the recovery time amongst my patients for a breast lift is between 4-10 days and a tummy tuck is 2-3 weeks.

Combination procedures!!

Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands. The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. For example, we work in a team and would take around 4-5 hours for the complete operation. This allows us to get better results with less surgical time and less trauma. Our patients are typically wlking the same day and tapering off of pain medications by 4-5 days. By a week, our internattional patients are generally touring around Cartagena enjoying the sites of this UNSECO World Heritage City. Patients progress to unrestricted activities by 2 months, just as the final results are settling in.
Postoperatively, no specific position is indicated and we do not have any sitting restrictions. The pressure caused by sitting is not sufficient to affect viability of the fat cells and so the postsurgical position depends basically on comfort and any other operations that have been performed.

Patients use girdles for 6 weeks and start therapeutic lymphatic drainage and ultrasound massages in the liposuctioned areas, which continue daily for a total of 10 sessions. Patients can
return to light activities almost immediately after surgery, normal activities 2 weeks after surgery, and vigorous exercise 4 weeks after surgery. We usually experience a slow steady improvement for 3 months or so after surgery.

A breast lift and extended tummy tuck can be done at the same time.

Provided you are in good health this combination of procedures can be done at the same time. If you have a job it does not demand significant physical effort you probably will be suitable to return in about two weeks. Specific instructions however will come from your own surgeon.

Combining a breast lift with an extended tummy tuck

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and breast lift.

• Yes, it is definitely possible to combine these two procedures -
  • Your surgeon will determine if you have risk factors that make it unwise to combine them.
  • Returning to work depends on your job - it can be as short as 2 weeks, for desk jobs that allow work from home and 4 - 6 weeks for physically active jobs.
  • Recovery also depends on the use of Exparel - a long lasting local anesthetic that is expensive but makes the recovery much easier.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

A breast lift and tummy tuck go great together

A breast lift and tummy tuck go great together.  One recovery. One surgery. Less costs.  Amazing body transformation.  I do lots of breast and tummy surgeries together.  It is referred to as a mommy makeover and is one of the most satisfying procedures for patients and me.

Recovery varies for everyone but usually I tell patients that you are moving slow for a couple days, feeling good around a week, and wanting to get back to everything at 2 weeks.  For office work a week is doable and 2 is perfect.  For heavy lifting give yourself 6 weeks.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training,
McMaster University

Takes time

Try to do the surgery on a Friday and take the next two weeks off, or schedule around a three day weekend.
You will appreciate the extra time.

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift Together

Tummy tuck and breast lift can be performed safely in the same surgical setting given that the patient is healthy. The recovery from the joint procedure is about 2-3 weeks for a desk job, and longer for a job that requires more physical exertion. Best of luck with your procedure.