What is capsulitis after breast implant removal when capsule was left in?

Had explant surgery and doctor recommended capsule be left in, so I did. No drains with that surgery. After two months I'm having blood building up, have had it aspirated twice removing about 100 cc's each time. Then a drain was put in for almost two weeks. It's been removed and is still filling up, but more slowly. I am worried about infxn, doctor says no, instead he's saying I have capsulitis. I can't find anything about this when I google it. What are odds this will resolve by itself?

Drainage post removal

If this does not resolve then your surgeon may have to go back and remove the capsules.I'm not sure what capsulitis is other than a term to describe inflammation of the capsules.Go back to your surgeon and discuss this with him.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Explantation

According to the peer reviewed literature in plastic surgery, total capsulectomy is needed in order to avoid complications.  Drains are needed as well fo 5 to 7 days.  You need surgery for this seroma reforming within the capsule.  Capsulitis is infection in the capsule which requires antibiotics and surgery as well.

Susan Kolb, MD

Capsulectomy

For explant surgery, it is almost always best to remove the capsule in its entirety. This will allow the space to heal. If you leave the capsule in place, it does not heal. Fluid can accumulate in the space. The situation that brings the patient to implant removal will have an affect on the decision. This is a surgery which requires discussion with the plastic surgeon about the problem, the goals, and the technical concerns. The body does not re-absorb the capsule. Revision surgery requires drains because the fluid is going to be generated when you operate on the scar capsule. If you provide a mechanism for the fluid to be removed (i.e. drains), the risks are lower. If the fluid accumulates because there were no drains, it will most certainly cause problems in the future. Capsulitis just means inflammation of the capsule. I am sure there will be nothing written about this since it is somewhat meaningless.   "itis" is attached to anything that is inflamed.  It is nonspecific.  It is not possible to tell if the capsule is inflamed or infected with removing it and testing for bacteria.  Either way, the capsule needs to be removed.