Can CoolSculpting be used on male breasts to make the chest look more flat?

Some surgeons told me that they can do a cool sculpting procedure to freeze the fat underneath a male breast to make the chest look more flat, if there is fat very visible underneath the breast tissue? Can liposuction give you a very flat male chest than cool sculpting can? I am talking about someone else because I am a female, but I ma talking about an old boyfriend? Also, with cool sculpting to freeze the fat underneath a male chest that can take 90 days for positive results?

Thank you for your question. Liposuction is usually more effective for this area. However, if he is interested,  I would recommend for him to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, he can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if he is a candidate. Regards,  

Yes if the excess tissue is fat and not glandular tissue. See a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is experienced with coolsculpting as well. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Non-surgical options for excess fat in male chest

CoolSculpting can be an effective treatment to reduce fat in the chest area of men. If there is a presence of fatty tissue or subcutaneous fat, CoolSculpting may be a great treatment option. However, if the concerned area is a result of excess male breast tissue (or gynecomastia), surgical intervention would be the better option. It is important to schedule a consultation at a board certified plastic surgeon's practice experienced in surgical and non-surgical treatment of the male chest/breasts.

Louis P. Bucky, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Non-Invasive Male Breast Reduction

We are seeing more men and older adolescent boys at our practice who are interested in treatments to reduce their excessive breast tissue (a condition called gynecomastia). Liposuction is often the appropriate procedure if the excess tissue is primarily fat, but CoolSculpting represents an excellent alternative for certain patients. Each case is different, of course, so I encourage your friend to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss his options.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting on Male Chest, Avoid.

I have repaired many cases of this gone wrong. I suggest chest contouring with a three step approach --- fat removal, fat repositiinon and gland removal if needed.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting

Great Question! Yes, CoolSculpting can be used to help reduce the fat on the male chest to get rid of the appearance of male breasts. It works great in this area on the right candidate and we have seen good result sin our clinic.  I would recommend you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in CoolSculpting to give your boyfriend an evaluation to see if he would be a good candidate for the procedure.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

CoolSculpting For Male Breasts

CoolSculpting can be used with very good results to treat the male breasts, or "man boobs". This is provided that the reason for breast enlargement is because of fatty tissue and not glandular tissue. This can be determined by an experienced physician during an in-person consultation and evaluation. Results can be visible in as little as 3-4 weeks. It can take up to 3 months for full results. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolscultping of the male breast

Coolsculpting can be a great non-invasive option for reducing the fat present in the male chest.  Depending on the patient, best results may require multiple tips and treatments.  The chest tends to be numb and tender longer than other areas of the body after coolsculpting.  The male breast may also have some glandular tissue present that will not change with coolsculpting.  This tissue may need to be treated with liposuction or even surgical excision.  It would be prudent to set up a consultation with a body-contouring expert who performs both invasive and non-invasive treatments for fat reduction to get an honest opinion regarding expectations.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon