Can massage further help break down juverderm in the nose after also getting hyaluronidase?

After a top up treatment using juverderm in my nose I was left with a lump. I went to see a different doctor who told me where the extra filler was located (side of my nose) massage wouldn't have helped so she used hyaluronidase which dissolved most of it, but a tiny bit still remains an she said it's not worth going in with more hyaluronidase as my natural tissue can get damaged so we just left it. But can massage help dissolve this little amount? An roughly how long will it take to go?

Removing nasal Juvederm

There is no damage caused by further hyaluronidase. Massage will help too. If it isn't going away fast enough, get more hyaluronidase.

Can massage further help break down JVD in the nose after also getting hyaluronidase?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Nothing replaces an in-person examination or full series of photographs but if you have any JVD that remains you can certainly have additional hyaluronidase placed to dissolve it without damaging your body's natural hyaluronic acid, or you can use light massage to help speed its absorption naturally, but this will take much more time. Hope this helps.

Juverderm in the nose

I'm sorry that you are having this problem. After the administration of hyaluronidase, most of the product should have been broken down and dissolved. Any Juvederm that remains can be massaged and displaced from the unwanted location so that it is not visible.  Although I have not seen your nose, it's not likely that very much Juvederm remains. I would advise you to not over-massage the area as other problems could result from too much manipulation.  Remember, juvederm is not permanent and your body will eventually break it down. 

Corey L. Hartman, MD, FAAD
Birmingham Dermatologic Surgeon