Does lidocaine with epi cause permanent hair loss or a temporary shed with ring block?

Is lidocaine with epi necessary for ring block before injection of prp acell?

Thank you for posting your question. It is completely safe to use lido with epi on the scalp, and should not cause any shedding. Also, there are different techniques available, where a ring block is not necessary for PRP. Hope this helps. 

Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

It should not

Short answer is no, it should not cause hair loss.   We use lidocaine with epi all kinds of procedures all over the body,  it is safe even in the nose ands fingers contrary to previous medical teachings.   It's used in hair transplants without adverse events.   I have personally had acell and prp with lido with epi and would recommend the10 to 20 or so does for the ring block vs the 100 or so prp without numbing.   

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

PRP for Hair Loss --- Combine with Injectable Progesterone Monthly

No need for ring blocks for this procedure.  Please see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ring bloc with PRP? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, a ring block is NOT necessary for injection  of PRP. If the injection is done to the proper level, with good technique, and a small syringe is used, patients are usually comfortable. For those that need additional anesthesia, a topical Anesthetic and chiller are often adequate. As I do not use Acell, I cannot comment on necessity for  block with this treatment. Find a PRP expert. Look at pictures. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon