Would PRP work over scar tissue? (Photo)

Hello I did a hair transplant on my hairline 1.5 years ago for a bald spot due to scarring from a car accident. The transplant helped but not as much as I would've a liked. Hairline still doesn't look even and the hair that was transplanted looks sparse, could PRP help?

I would suggest for the PRP treatment to be injected around the area although PRP will not make your hair grow over a scar. It will make the surrounding hair thicker and more dense.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP and Scar Tissue

Thanks for your question!  I would recommend PRP scalp injections into the areas surrounding your scar tissue.  The PRP won't make hair grow within the scars, but lengthening and thickening the hairs around the scar will help camouflage the areas.  You can also consider scalp micropigmentation for this area.  Best of luck to you!

PRP for transplanted hair? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, transplanted hair responds extremely well to PRP. You may not be able to grow any new hair in the scarred area, however the transplanted hair diameter will probably increase from 60 to 80%. This will give the effect of better coverage. I would try one or two sessions of PRP to determine if you are satisfied with the results. Find a PRP expert. Look for photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP and Hair Loss

It sounds like form your problem and photos that PRP could help your hair loss.  It will not help areas that are already scarred however.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green