I got my first treatment of Botox in forehead about a month ago. When flushed I have white spots where I got Botox. (photo)

I got my first treatment of Botox about a month ago in my forehead. I had great results and am super pleased. When my face gets flushed or red from exercise/heat/being outside in the south I get white spots in the exact places the Botox was injected on my forehead. Is this normal?

Botox Can Be Used To Treat Rosacea / Facial Red Flushing and Blushing

YES! botox can be used to treat facial redness and flushing.  This is common for my rosacea patients.  I suggest also using a pulsed dye laser or yellow laser to your forehead and botox more "scattered" so it's less noticeable.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox can also treat redness

Thank you for your question UABelle3. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. As other doctors mentioned it can also decrease redness and sweating in areas where it is injected. Other treatments for redness include IPL, pulsed dye lasers, and KTP lasers. These devices treat and control redness in the entire area that is treated. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

White spots when exercising after Botox

Botox also decreases sweat and erythema in areas it is injected. It is actually used off label for rosacea and on label for hyperhidrosis. There is no way around this and none of the other neuromodulators are different.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

I got my first treatment of Botox in forehead about a month ago. When flushed I have white spots where I got Botox.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  This is not a common manifestation a month after Botox treatment and though it will likely resolve given enough time I would inform your injector about what is taking place.