Can you get juvederm or any lip filler without the use of any lidocaine/numbing agent?

I have long QT syndrome so I am advised to stay away from lidocaine. There are no issues with hyaluronic acid though. I have extreme pain tolerance, as I am a cancer survivor and have had many skin tissue biopsies/lip biopsies without any lidocaine or numbing agent. Finding a doctor willing may be a challenge though, has anyone had a patient like this?

Juvederm

You can receive Juvederm  injections without numbing agent.   I have many patients who prefer not to be numbed.  Pain tolerances differ from person to person.  Good luck!

Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip filler without numbing injection

Thanks for your question. There is no connection between long QT and lidocaine. You may consider getting another opinion from a cardiologist on that issue. ( I checked with a cardiologist.)  You can safely use lidocaine - it takes very little lidocaine for such a procedure. The lip augmentation procedure will be much more comfortable with topical anesthetic or anesthetic injection for nerve blocks. Nonetheless, I have patients who are not interested in numbing for lip filler injections because they tolerate dental procedures well without numbing. I have injected fillers in the lips without any aesthetic if patients request that. Applying an icepack before injection can provide some pain relief. You can also take Tylenol 90 min beforehand to reduce the pain.

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement.  Most patients use a topical anesthetic agent only but this is certainly possible to skip that as well as the dermal fillers have some lidocaine mixed in them.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Can you get juvederm or any lip filler without the use of any lidocaine/numbing agent

that should not be a problem. Many of the fillers come with lidocaine in them but there are also the same hyaluronic acid filler made by the same company without lidocaine. Just ask your physician to make sure that is what they use for your injection

Julio Garcia, MD

Fillers that come without mixed lidocaine

There are many well known fillers that come without mixed lidocaine and these include Juvederm and Restylane lines as well as others. 

I recommend that you see an experienced doctor for a thorough consultation and assessment and inform them about your condition prior to proceeding with any treatments.
I hope this helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

HA filler without lidocaine

Belotero comes without lidocaine and is a decent lip filler. I don't think that Juvederm comes without lidocaine anymore. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lidocaine in fillers

First  you should check with your cardiologist. There is some lidocaine in almost every tube of filler sold in the US.  However the amount is not great, and may not cause any problems with your QT interval.  There are some fillers that can still be purchased without lido in them - for example belotero, so you could also use one of these.  Just  use some ice beforehand for anesthesia and you should be fine.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip filler and numbing

hi,

Thanks for your question. It's possible to do lip filler without numbing for sure! There are other numbing agents beside lidocaine though if you wanted to try with numbing and icing immediately prior to the injection helps as well.

Good luck!

Dr morgan

Morgan Rabach, MD

Can you get JVD or any lip filler without the use of lidocaine or numbing agent?

Thank you for your question.  There are lip fillers available that do not come premixed with lidocaine including Belotero and the Juvederm Ultra line.  Be sure to see an ASPS plastic surgeon and alert them to your lidocaine restriction.  Hope this helps.