Is ThermiTight or SkinTyte preferred among Doctors for tightening a neckline with only skin laxity issues?

Had neck liposuction 2 years ago but my neckline is still sagging due to skin laxity. I'm considering ThermiTight, but SkinTyte appears to be another option. Approval ratings on Realself show ThermiTight 85%, SkinTyte only 78%, but I'm looking for a Doctor's experience why one method might be more preferable for necklines, thx.

Neck Skin and Platysmal Bands -- VASER Hi Def Liposuction/ThermiRF, Venus Legacy/Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox/Dysport

Lifting of the skin often requires surgery but if that is not an option there are many others to consider such as botox, radiofrequency (venus, velashape, thermage, thermi), ultrasound (ultherapy).  I suggest seeing an expert.  I inject sculptra in all my face/neck lifting patients.  Best, Dr. Emer.

ThermiTIght or SkyTyte for Neck? ThermiTight Most Effective for Nonsurgical Necklift

ThermiTight is my favored choice when treating the neck for a nonsurgical lift. I haven't had any experience with SkinTyte, but have not been impressed with the results I've seen in other practices.

There are several other options for tightening the neck as well. In our practice, we also have other radiofrequency devices such as Thermage and Infini (RF with microneedling for crepey skin of the neck) and microfocused ultrasound.

Another option I’m excited about is the Silhouette Instalift. These are absorbable sutures that were initially used only in the face, but now can be placed along the jawline and upper neck to get both an immediately visual result and a result that improves over time. Because they are made of a material like Sculptra, the body produces more collagen in response to the sutures

Rather than trying to settle on the technique you want to use ahead of time, your research would be better directed to finding a board-certified dermatologists in your area who have proven expertise in tightening the neck without surgery. The skilled practitioner with a strong sense of aesthetics will be able to choose the right technique for you and – more important – wield it expertly to get the results you want.

That said, a combination treatment sounds perfect for you. First, ThermiTight is a minimally invasive technique that uses a small probe to deliver pulses of radiofrequency energy to the skin's collagen layer, forcing it to heat up, contract and tighten. The insertion points are very small -- about the size of a regular injection – and therefore heal without any kind of scar. If you have any excess fat, combining ThermiTight with liposuction can create a dramatic improvement. Secondly, if needed, Instalift sutures along the jawline and upper neck could give that extra upward vector to your neck and create a true lift. Please find a board-certified dermatologist who has expertise in using ThermiTight to create a nonsurgical neck lift.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon