When can I exercise strenuously after Thermitight to side buttocks/hip area?

I have a vigorous training schedule for long distance triathlons but want a Thermitight treatment for skin laxity on my butt and hips. How long must I wait after the procedure to swim, bike and run at a high heart rate and for extended periods of time (i.e., a 4 or 5 hour bike /run effort). I don't want to compromise my results, risk injury, etc.

When Can I Exercise After ThermiTight? Wait a Day, But There's Really No Downtime

ThermiTight is safe and very well tolerated; most patients have no pain at all. Just to be safe, I'd advise you to refrain from exercise for at least 24 hours after your treatment because you might be sore. You don't have to worry about the effects of raising your heart rate or of suffering an injury. The only possible side effects I might worry about would be exacerbating the soreness, or creating a little swelling or bruising. However, if you pay attention to your body and give yourself at least one day's rest, you should be fine. Please find a board-certified dermatologist to administer your ThermiTight and to discuss your concerns in more depth.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiTight is performed under local anesthesia with a small entrance into the skin to allow a probe to administer the treatment.  The entry usually closes in  minuets afterward and has healed within a day or so, much like a blood draw.  Because each treatment is customized to the individuals situation & anatomy it is best to ask the physician performing the procedure to get specifics especially when one want to participate in more extreme conditioning

ThermiTight

Thank you for your question. ThermiTight is performed using local anesthesia. Patients may experience slight swelling, bruising, or redness and can resume normal activities within 24 hours. Results are immediate and improve over time. Talk to your physician if you have any concerns, they can give you a more accurate timeline. Best of luck,Dr. Mentz

ThermiTight

​ ThermiTight recovery

Thank you for your question. Patients can return to normal activity after 24 hours. In terms of strenuous activity, I suggest feeling it out for the first week and slowly getting back into your training. Speak to your doctor as well since he/she knows the treatment areas and how much will be done. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

​ ThermiTight recovery

Bruce E. Katz, MD