When can I exercise strenuously after Thermitight to side buttocks/hip area?

I have a vigorous training schedule for long distance triathlons but want a Thermitight treatment for skin laxity on my butt and hips. How long must I wait after the procedure to swim, bike and run at a high heart rate and for extended periods of time (i.e., a 4 or 5 hour bike /run effort). I don't want to compromise my results, risk injury, etc.

ThermiTight is performed under local anesthesia with a small entrance into the skin to allow a probe to administer the treatment.  The entry usually closes in  minuets afterward and has healed within a day or so, much like a blood draw.  Because each treatment is customized to the individuals situation & anatomy it is best to ask the physician performing the procedure to get specifics especially when one want to participate in more extreme conditioning

ThermiTight

Thank you for your question. ThermiTight is performed using local anesthesia. Patients may experience slight swelling, bruising, or redness and can resume normal activities within 24 hours. Results are immediate and improve over time. Talk to your physician if you have any concerns, they can give you a more accurate timeline. Best of luck,Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

​ ThermiTight recovery

Thank you for your question. Patients can return to normal activity after 24 hours. In terms of strenuous activity, I suggest feeling it out for the first week and slowly getting back into your training. Speak to your doctor as well since he/she knows the treatment areas and how much will be done. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD