Nasolabial folds permanent fix?

I am in my early 20s and I have noticed that my nasolabial folds are getting worse. I just wondering if there was a permanent fix for the folds rather than a filler? I have a retruded maxilla and was wondering if that would be the main cause of it?

Be Careful with Nasolabial folds

Jake,

A few words of caution:
1. The nasolabial folds are one of the most over-injected and unnecessary areas for injections.  Especially for people in their 20's who usually do not have problems with their nasolabial folds.  Your situation might be different if you have maxillary bone problems.  People with maxillary bone retrustion might actually look worse by treating the nasolabial folds.  Most likely you will need treatment for your midface region on top of your maxilla.

2. Be careful with any permanent implants in your face.  Our faces are not permanent structures and are supposed to naturally change over time.  Other than perhaps a chin implant or reconstructive implants for correction of facial bone deformity, permanent material in the facial tissue rarely look natural long-term.  You should see a board-certified surgeon who can evaluate if you need any permanent correction for your maxillary bone retrusion before any injections.

3. Fat grafting is a very safe procedure; but the long term results are not entirely reliable.  In my experience, this is not a good option for nasolabial folds.

4.  Ultherapy is usually not an appropriate treatment in a young person since it may damage your underlying normal fat and volume in your face.

Nasolabial Folds Permanent Fix -- BellaFill, Sculptra, Silicone

I suggest you see a facial contouring expert. most of the nasolabial folds at a young age are due to the cheeks and surrounding areas needing volume and lifting. I suggest you speak to a cosmetic dermatologist who does more permanent fillers and can assess your face for contouring rather than just line filling.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Nasolabial folds

Fat injections can be a permanent fix.  The survival rate of fat injections is variable, but with modern techniques, the success rate is much higher.  Also, there are synthetic implants that can help the NLF.  Also, you may benefit from premolar implants.  Seek out a consultation from a board-certified Facial Plastic surgeon.  Best wishes. 

David Alessi, MD

Nasolabial Fold Fix

The retracted maxilla, can be the reason for getting deeper nasolabial folds, and you need to have some support under the skin so the folds do not get deeper. For the nasolabial folds, there are not permanent solutions, you can get a filler like Juvederm Volift or Volbella, to smooth them out, and the results last from 9 to 12 months.

Permanent fix for nasolabial folds

Nothing is permanent because nothing stops people from aging. Properly performed fat transfer is longer lasting and best tolerated than synthetic fillers.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for nasolabial folds.

For somebody in your age group the best filler would be a filler like Juvéderm rather than other fillers which are more for deep crevices. Belo would be another option.

Nasolabial folds at age 22

Short of surgery, there are no permanent options.

At age 22, I would not recommend surgical options for this. 

Find someone who can make them 'softer' with facial fillers or fat grafting or opt for something like Ultherapy in combination with fillers in the nasolabial folds. 

Dr. Karamanoukian