Is Coolsculpting right for a 53 year old women going through the menopause squishy weight gain?

I'm a 53 year old women that is 5'2" weighing 130 lbs. My overall body has become exercise resistant in all the areas that Coolsculpting treats. I have maintained my weight for over two years and exercise a few times a week, but the squishy areas seem the same. I was thinking that I would like to to have all the areas that Coolsculpting treats done. Arms, inner thigh, abdomen, and flanks. Is this the right treatment for a squishy not fat older women?

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting With or Without Tummy Tuck

If you are looking for a full body transformation, I suggest a more comprehensive option.  You need a combination approach with liposuction/body contouring and skin removal.  Coolsculpting and other non invasive fat reduction devices are great for fat removal in small areas but not great for overall full body contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting the squishy fat

Coolsculpting is great for people that are stable in their weight and have some stubborn areas that require some extra, targeted attention.  The 'squishy' fat that can unfortunately come with hormone changes and menopause is great for treatment with Coolsculpting.  Our patients have had excellent results.  The areas you mentioned are generally good, but you would need to be examined to determine if you are a good candidate in those areas.  Though Coolsculpting does tighten skin in the areas that are treated for fat reduction, if you have only loose skin and minimal to no fat, you may see little to no improvement. 

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting and 50's

Coolsculpting in your 50's is the perfect time to be doing with procedure. Menopause makes it more difficult to lose weight and you would be able to take advantage of this technology to help with your desired results.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting for treatment of unwanted fat

Hi roxxie,

Coolsculpting can be a great way to treat unwanted fat! Without seeing you in person, it is difficult to say if it is the best treatment for you. It does not tighten the overlying skin, so your current skin elasticity needs to be assessed prior to treatment.

Dr. Elizabeth Geddes

Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce, MD, MS
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting causes permanent fat loss

Provided the skin in the area is not damaged then CoolSculpting would be a great non-invasive way to treat these areas.  Skin with stretch marks is more difficult to treat  and requires and exam as would any other area for treatment.

Possible CoolSculpting for 53 year old woman

CoolSculpting can be used to treat the abdomen, flanks, inner thighs and arms.  An exam would be needed to determine if you might be a good candidate for the treatment to any of these areas.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question, roxxie. SculpSure is the most effective treatment for vanquishing fat, and has routinely beat all its competitors in clinical head-to-head studies while being the only FDA-approved laser treatment for fat. If you are considering the arms, inner thigh, abdomen and flanks then I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon about SculpSure which can melt up to 25% of your unwanted subcutaneous fat in those areas.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon