Bad Restylane Injection in Tear Trough. What went wrong? Can you please tell me from my photos. (photos)

I had really bad experienced with a very high profile double certified PS, that injected me with restylane and completely destroyed my tear trough as you can see in photos. You can also see my before picture, I did definitely have hollow under eyes but it was a natural smooth hollow, now it looks soo destroyed and much darker. Can somebody please tell me what is wrong, (tyndal or staining or what?) It is 3 weeks post now. Also how to find a doctor that SPECILIZES in TEAR TROUGH mostly? thanks

Restylane in Tear Troughs

It's hard to tell from the pictures.  You might have Tyndall effect or you might have discoloration from bruising.  I inject the tear trough very frequently with gratifying results. I prefer to use a cannula most of the time.  If needed, Restylane can be dissolved.  Go back to see your injector or get another opinion from another specialist.  

Dr. Ort

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

See oculoplastic specialist for complicated tear trough problem

It is difficult to tell from the photos. It is best to you see an oculoplastic specialist in person. Options for tear trough hollowness include filler injection, filler injection, and/or tear trough implant. Each has pros and cons.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tear trough after filler

What went wrong is that you should not inject the tear troughs with a filler; otherwise you get what you are observing, often called Tyndall effect; What you need is a lower blepharoplasty.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Tear trough and filler

You were overcorrected--too much was injected and it is too superficial. Have it removed with hyaluronidase and then start over. are you sure you saw a plastic surgeon and not a so-called cosmetic surgeon?

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Unfortunate Complication--Darkening and lumps after Restylane

This can be a complication with a specific technique. You can have it reversed with hyaluronidase and try a different technique next time. I recommend injections with cannulas to limit complications. See an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer