The juvederm in my lips keeps moving around. How do I fix this?

I had juvederm injected in my lips about a month ago and they were fine until recently I had two lollipops and my upper lip became too big and bumpy. The product I think moved around. This was like two days ago. Today this happened to my lower lip( I didn't have any lollipops). It became gigantic until after a few hours it kind of went back to normal and then now I can feel the same happening to my upper left side. It's like the juvederm is moving around the lip. How can I fix this please?

Lip Swelling/Bumps After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

If your lip has swelling and is causing issues or migration i suggest removing the filler. Best, Dr. Emer.

The Juvederm in my lips keeps moving around. How do I fix this?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your lip swelling issues.  I think some other process is likely taking place since these symptoms developed more than a month after injection.  It sounds more like an allergic reaction or sensitivity due to the random timings and location of swelling.  I would definitely reach out to your injector for an in-person evaluation and discussion of possibility causes. 

Intermittent swelling after lip injections

The filler is not moving. This is not a normal reaction to the filler. This could be angioedema or infection. Please discuss with your doctor and get treated. Angioedema is sometimes associated with people who take ACE inhibitors for their blood pressure. Swelling is normal for the first few days but not after a month.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm moving in lips

The juvederm is not moving.  But if the lip is getting swollen you are having some sort of a reaction to it.  May need to have it removed.  See your injecting physician so they can evaluate.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon