Can I exfoliate my lips after Juvederm injections?

I just had my lips injected 2 days ago. My lips are always so dry and I was wondering if it would be okay to lightly exfoliate with a wash cloth?

It is okay to very gently exfoliate your lips after Juvederm injections.

It is okay to very gently exfoliate your lips after Juvederm injections. I would also recommend moisturizing your lips with Vaseline or lip balm if they are that dry.

Dallas Dermatologist

Be gentle

If you need to exfoliate your lips, I would recommend being very gentle.  You just had the juvederm injected two days ago and you don't want to cause it to disperse under the skin.  You might also want to try a serious moisturizer for the time being.

Lip Exfoliating

Our aesthetician swears by baking soda to exfoliate lips.  You can mix it with water or even coconut oil to make a paste and then spread it on your lips.  Very gently use small circular motions to rub the dry skin build up away.  Follow up with Vaseline and your lips will feel much better.  Considering you just had your lips done be very gentle and do not apply too much pressure.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Exfoliating lips after juvederm injections

there is no reason why you cant exfoliate lightly, but i woudl suggest just using vasrline or ointment type lip balmn.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Exfoliating Lips After Juvederm

I would prefer you to moisturize with Aquaphor or Vaseline if you are dry from Juvederm injections in your lips.  Best, Dr. Green

Dry lips after filler.

You can use a lip balm several times a day to moisturize your lips and you can very gently exfoliate with a soft cloth.  

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

After care

At this point you can resume your normal routine.  The Juvederm is not going to move.  I would just be gentle when exfoliating, it may still be a little tender.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon