I'm 44 years old & I'm planning to do nefertiti or silhouette lift. Which is the best? (Photo)

which is the best in results & more long lasting. I'm very confused. Please help me to take the right decision.

I'm 44 years old & I'm planning to do nefertiti or silhouette lift.

Thank you for your question, A well performed facelift should give you a neck some result in the neck as well as reposition the fat of the midface and malar area to a more youthful position.

What type of lift?

Thank you for a great question and for sharing your concerns.  The aging changes in your neck appear significant enough to consider a more significant procedure such as a facelift or neck lift which will give you long lasting results. If you decide to proceed with a Nefertiti lift or Silhoutte lift, just be prepared for subtle changes lasting for a limited time. I hope you find this helpful.

Consult with a Board Certified Fellowship Trained Facial Plastic Surgery Specialist.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Excellent candidate for a composite rhytidectomy.

These two gimmicky operations will disappoint you. I seldom see any good results. A well performed facelift should give you a neck some result in the neck as well as reposition the fat of the midface and malar area to a more youthful position.

Face and neck lift

A full face and neck lift will give you the results you want, nicely contoured mid and lower face and neck.  Based on your photos there are no good minimally invasive options to address your concerns. 

Treating a heavy neck

In my opinion, based on your photos, nothing short of a well done neck lift will address the problem.  It's OK not to have the right treatment, as long as you don't expect real results.  Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Neck lift

Based solely on your photos, neither procedure seems as if it will adequately address your issues. I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss a neck lift. I am afraid that you will be disappointed with both the Neferti and Silhouette lift. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Neck laxity with adiposity (fatty tissue)

Your neck and lower face show laxity and adiposity. The techniques you are considering In my opinion will fall short of your expectations. You should see an experienced plastic surgeon who can review the indications for neck liposuction and face/neck lift. 

Bradley Robertson, MD

Nefertiti or silhouette lift

Thank you for asking about your facial lift.

• Your photo suggests that your problem is the neck with excess fat, excess skin and perhaps some looseness of the lower face.
  • A nefertiti lift uses Botox to relax and reshape the face. It will no nothing for you.
  • The silhouette lift uses suspension sutures to lift the face - this was a fad in the 1990s. Results are unpredictable and usually do not last. Even if it works, it will not improve your neck.
  • Your photo suggests that you should see a qualified surgeon to discuss a surgical lift of the neck and possibly the lower face as well.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Look for the most experienced certified Doctor.

The best question and first question to ask is who is the best surgeon to consult with.  It is far more important to have an excellent surgeon than it is to decide on a technique.  Let your conversation with your doctor be your guide to making your treatment decision. Make sure he or she has done many procedures and is board certified.

David Q. Santos, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm 44 years old & I'm planning to do nefertiti or silhouette lift. Which is the best?

Hi, I have performed many facelifts over the past 30 years.  From the photo, there is excess fat in the lower face and neck, jowls and a weak chin.  A weak chin can make "double chin" formation occur to a greater extent as there's little chin projection to accommodate sagging tissues and fat.  Women look the most attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round anteriorly (in the front).  Cheek augmentation using cheek implants or a dermal filler (Restylane Lyft) will create full, round cheeks in the front that will feminize the entire face.  I combine facial liposuction, when needed, to further shape the cheek area.  Chin augmentation with a chin implant will add projection, to the chin, reducing the "double chin" and creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

If you have "jowls" this is sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a facelift, not Cheek Augmentation. I have performed many Cheek Augmentations over the past 30 years and the notion that Cheek Implants or dermal fillers to the cheeks will lift tissues is an urban myth. Filler to the cheeks or cheek implants will not lift up the jowls. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Perlane) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Hope this helps.