I'm 44 years old & I'm planning to do nefertiti or silhouette lift. Which is the best? (Photo)

which is the best in results & more long lasting. I'm very confused. Please help me to take the right decision.

Face lift vs thread lifting

Definitely not a Nefertiti Botox lift as your muscles do not pull down. Consider either a surgical face lift, or a thread lift. You will need to spend some time with your aesthetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss the pros and cons of each treatment, however I would not Botox you to try to achieve a lift- your laxity is marked, and the jowls are heavy. All the best, Dr Davin S. Lim

Brisbane Dermatologist

Silhouette InstaLift

Thank you for your photos. The Silhouette InstaLift™ is a great option for face drooping. It is minimally invasive and has little downtime. It tightens loose jowl and neck sin. It also helps stimulate collagen production. It is a very simple procedure that takes 30-45 mins and provides amazing and instant results. However, I recommend getting an in person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist.  

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Neck lift options

Thank you for your question and sharing your photo.  I would recommend visiting with a plastic surgeon who offers both non-invasive and invasive solutions for the neck.  Based on the photo, it appears that you have some fullness and skin laxity.  Both can be addressed surgically with a neck lift and will give you the most definitive results.

Non-surgically, I could propose a combination of treatments such as Coolsculpting mini, Kybella or the Profound SubQ to help reduce some of the volume.  In addition, treatments such as Ultherapy or Profound can help restore some more tone and bounce to the skin.  Together with a volume reduction and skin tightening procedure, you should see great results, but still not quite as definitive as the surgical option.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

I'm 44 years old & I'm planning to do nefertiti or silhouette lift.

Greetings

Thank you for your question, A well performed facelift should give you a neck some result in the neck as well as reposition the fat of the midface and malar area to a more youthful position.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

What type of lift?

Thank you for a great question and for sharing your concerns.  The aging changes in your neck appear significant enough to consider a more significant procedure such as a facelift or neck lift which will give you long lasting results. If you decide to proceed with a Nefertiti lift or Silhoutte lift, just be prepared for subtle changes lasting for a limited time. I hope you find this helpful.

Consult with a Board Certified Fellowship Trained Facial Plastic Surgery Specialist.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Elizabeth Whitaker, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excellent candidate for a composite rhytidectomy.

These two gimmicky operations will disappoint you. I seldom see any good results. A well performed facelift should give you a neck some result in the neck as well as reposition the fat of the midface and malar area to a more youthful position.

Face and neck lift

A full face and neck lift will give you the results you want, nicely contoured mid and lower face and neck.  Based on your photos there are no good minimally invasive options to address your concerns. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Treating a heavy neck

In my opinion, based on your photos, nothing short of a well done neck lift will address the problem.  It's OK not to have the right treatment, as long as you don't expect real results.  Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Reza Momeni, MD FACS
Summit Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift

Based solely on your photos, neither procedure seems as if it will adequately address your issues. I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss a neck lift. I am afraid that you will be disappointed with both the Neferti and Silhouette lift. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Neck laxity with adiposity (fatty tissue)

Your neck and lower face show laxity and adiposity. The techniques you are considering In my opinion will fall short of your expectations. You should see an experienced plastic surgeon who can review the indications for neck liposuction and face/neck lift. 

Bradley Robertson, MD