I'm 44 years old & I'm planning to do nefertiti or silhouette lift. Which is the best? (Photo)

which is the best in results & more long lasting. I'm very confused. Please help me to take the right decision.

Neck lift options

Thank you for your question and sharing your photo.  I would recommend visiting with a plastic surgeon who offers both non-invasive and invasive solutions for the neck.  Based on the photo, it appears that you have some fullness and skin laxity.  Both can be addressed surgically with a neck lift and will give you the most definitive results.

Non-surgically, I could propose a combination of treatments such as Coolsculpting mini, Kybella or the Profound SubQ to help reduce some of the volume.  In addition, treatments such as Ultherapy or Profound can help restore some more tone and bounce to the skin.  Together with a volume reduction and skin tightening procedure, you should see great results, but still not quite as definitive as the surgical option.

I'm 44 years old & I'm planning to do nefertiti or silhouette lift.

Greetings

Thank you for your question, A well performed facelift should give you a neck some result in the neck as well as reposition the fat of the midface and malar area to a more youthful position.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

What type of lift?

Thank you for a great question and for sharing your concerns.  The aging changes in your neck appear significant enough to consider a more significant procedure such as a facelift or neck lift which will give you long lasting results. If you decide to proceed with a Nefertiti lift or Silhoutte lift, just be prepared for subtle changes lasting for a limited time. I hope you find this helpful.

Consult with a Board Certified Fellowship Trained Facial Plastic Surgery Specialist.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Excellent candidate for a composite rhytidectomy.

These two gimmicky operations will disappoint you. I seldom see any good results. A well performed facelift should give you a neck some result in the neck as well as reposition the fat of the midface and malar area to a more youthful position.

Face and neck lift

A full face and neck lift will give you the results you want, nicely contoured mid and lower face and neck.  Based on your photos there are no good minimally invasive options to address your concerns. 

Treating a heavy neck

In my opinion, based on your photos, nothing short of a well done neck lift will address the problem.  It's OK not to have the right treatment, as long as you don't expect real results.  Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Neck lift

Based solely on your photos, neither procedure seems as if it will adequately address your issues. I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss a neck lift. I am afraid that you will be disappointed with both the Neferti and Silhouette lift. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Neck laxity with adiposity (fatty tissue)

Your neck and lower face show laxity and adiposity. The techniques you are considering In my opinion will fall short of your expectations. You should see an experienced plastic surgeon who can review the indications for neck liposuction and face/neck lift. 

Bradley Robertson, MD

Nefertiti or silhouette lift

Thank you for asking about your facial lift.

• Your photo suggests that your problem is the neck with excess fat, excess skin and perhaps some looseness of the lower face.
  • A nefertiti lift uses Botox to relax and reshape the face. It will no nothing for you.
  • The silhouette lift uses suspension sutures to lift the face - this was a fad in the 1990s. Results are unpredictable and usually do not last. Even if it works, it will not improve your neck.
  • Your photo suggests that you should see a qualified surgeon to discuss a surgical lift of the neck and possibly the lower face as well.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Look for the most experienced certified Doctor.

The best question and first question to ask is who is the best surgeon to consult with.  It is far more important to have an excellent surgeon than it is to decide on a technique.  Let your conversation with your doctor be your guide to making your treatment decision. Make sure he or she has done many procedures and is board certified.

David Q. Santos, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon