Can I have lipo/bbl Tt while having low heart rate?

I am always at the doctor's office getting test done so that there arent any surprises. The other day I asked my Dr to prescribe me Phentermine. He said, Ok, but we will need to run some test EKG. He said my heart rate/ pulse was low. Im waiting for him to send my all of my results but today over the phone the MA told me my pulse/heart rate was 43 (low). Can I get lipo/ bbl with this low pulse?

What does a low heart rate mean?

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.   Sometimes a low heart rate is simply because your heart is in good shape.  As long as you are otherwise healthy and don't have any other heart problems.  A low heart rate (40s) by itself without other medical problems and a negative heart history/exam/workup would not stop you from having a BBL.   Please reach out if you have any further questions.  Best of Luck!   Sincerely, Matthew J. Nykiel, M.D. #RealSelfTopDoctor #RealSelfCoreDoctor “THE” Butt Doctor Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Cosmetic Fellowship Trained Surgeon

The low heart rate needs to be assessed by a cardiologist before a decision can be made as to the surgery.  In healthy patients, both can be performed at the same time.

Although, it is possible to combine a Brazilian butt lift and a tummy tuck, in most cases I would probably recommend that a patient split the two procedures and allow at least 3 months for recovery between them.  With regard to your slow heart rate, this should be evaluated by your doctor prior to your surgery to determine if this is simply the result of training/exercise (distance runners often have slow heart rates) or a medical problem which would need to be addressed before undergoing surgery.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Low heart rate and cosmetic surgery

these are issues you should discuss with your plastic surgeon either during the consultation or hopefully as soon as possible if you have scheduled surgery.
Most doctors will check your pulse as part of a standard doctors visit when vital signs were taken.
Your plastic surgeon may want to discuss this with your primary care doctor before proceeding with surgery.

While many women undergo a full abdominoplasty in conjunction with the Brazilian if you realize how difficult the recovery truly is. I generally try to encourage women to do these as two separate procedures.

I have done many as combined and even more as separate procedures.

Time and time again I am reminded of why it's better to not do too much surgery at the same time. Rarely the other way around.
These are all topics to be discussed with your plastic surgeon.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD