Can this eyeball asymmetry be corrected? (Photo)

Please be technical so I get an understanding of exactly how it can or can not be fixed. I can feel the pressure of the dropped eyeball when I do not sleep consistently (college student). I had Botox and two dissolve able fillers put on the upper lid of the lower eye; I was told it would hide the asymmetry but it really didn't. That was almost 8 months ago now. When I push the lower eyeball up, I can see two bumps of filler? Had ct done, and orbitals are much more level. Why is one eyeball lower?

Orbital Dystopia Correction

You have significant orbital dystopia that is congenital.The first place to start is to get a 3D CT scan to have a clear idea as to the differences in the orbital bony asymmetry. This will determine how much differences exist in the level of the orbital floors and the size of the 'orbital box' on both sides. This will determine how much improvement can be obtained by orbital floor augmentation and whether it would be worth the effort. Despite your degree of orbital dystopia it is not worthy of more major orbital box repositioning through a craniofacial approach.

Orbital asymmetry

To fix this would require surgery to elevate the globe.  This would be either a surgery on the bony orbit, or some sort of an implant under the eye to lift it up.  There are major complications involved with these surgeries, so you would have to think long and hard about doing this just to become more symmetrical.  See an oculoplastic surgeon to discuss your options. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hypoglobus ?

You need a full oculoplastic specialist for evaluation. The left eyeball seems more down than the right side (hypoglobus). That could relate to an orbit problem. 

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You have a facial asymmetry.

This assumes that your doctors have fully worked you up before treating you cosmetically. Correcting this requires craniofacial surgery.  It is essential to understand that craniofacial surgery is not cosmetic surgery.  In my opinion, craniofacial surgery is not worth the risk associated with this surgery for your issues.  Typically we use crainiofacial surgery to make human beings whose faces are not human appearing look more acceptable.  While you can see your asymmetry I suspect that very few people who you interact with are aware of this real but subtle difference.  It is also possible that you have body dysmorphic disorder and this real facial asymmetry the focus of your concern.  This is a psychological condition where you spend excessive time concerned about a physical issue such as thinking about it for many hours a day, avoiding social situations due to concerns about how other perceive you.  Working with a psychologist can be very beneficial.  It does not change your appearance but it help your sight into your feelings about it and that makes a huge difference for people.