Can hydroquinone cream remove the nevus of ota?

Since my birth..I have a spot in my face.. And it is nevus of Ota...is hydroquinon cream helpful for its remedy?

Treating a nevus of Ota

The pigment in a nevus of Ota is very deep and there is no cream or topical therapy to reduce the pigmentation. Multiple Q-switched laser treatments will be required to fade this lesion.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

No, but tattoo lasers can.

NO, this is because Ota lies deep in the skin. HQ is only used to help fade superficial skin conditions such as melasma and PIH. The use of QSL or q switch lasers, especially in the picosecond range is the best. You will need several treatments, but this lesion responds well. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Hydroquinone for Nevus of Ota of the skin

Hydroquinone is not a recommended treatment for your problem. Laser treatments such as Ruby, nd:YAG and PicoSure™ lasers are some of the best options.

Derek Norcom, MD
Portland Physician