Botox completely worn off following Collagen PIN microneedling?

I recently had microneedling with the Collagen PIN about 3 weeks after receiving botox and I feel that my botox has completely worn off? I was told there was no risk of this due to waiting to appropriate time after treatment...has anyone else had this happen? I am 30, had 56 units in my forehead and between brows and use advanced skin care such as SKinMedica and Neocutis. HELP!! Should I avoid my injections until I am completely done with my microneedling series?

Microneedling Ruined My Botox?

Without before and after photos, an accurate assessment cannot be given. It is highly unlikely that microneedling affected your Botox. 56 units should effectively treat the glabella, forehead, and crow's feet for 3-4 months, not just 3 weeks. A more likely scenario is expired or inactive botox. Share your concerns with your injector.

Sacramento Physician

Botox and microneedling

Thank you for your question hfultz. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Microneedling should not affect Botox. It is important to compare before and after photographs to assess any changes. However if my patient were to feel that microneedling interferes with her Botox I would recommend waiting until the series of microneedling treatments is completed before proceeding with another Botox treatment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician