I'm an 18 year old guy but I still have a lot of fat on my face. My parents don't have fat faces so will I loose it soon?

I'm an 18 year old guy. I am 6 foot tall weight around 160 so pretty skinny but I still have a lot of fat on my face. My parents don't have fat faces so will I loose it soon?

I'm an 18 year old guy but I still have a lot of fat on my face.will I loose it soon? #it depends #cheekfat #buccalfatpad

Facial anatomy and appearance depends of multiple factors including genetics ( heredity from parents), diet, excursice etc. Not always the face of a son/daugter is going to reflect the appearance of the parents.

When patents have cheek fullness, but they are fit and their body fat content is normal  or low, a plastic surgical procedure named buccal fat pad removal could help to address that fullness. The surgery is performed through an incision inside the mouth to remove the excess of lower cheek fat in patient candidates. 

Patients interested in buccal fat pad removal should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery of the face

Facial fat changes as we age

The fat distribution in your face will change in the next decade. You will likely lose some of the "baby fat" and will look more similar to how your parents appeared in their twenties. 

There is a subset of patients who present with significant concern about their cheeks. If indeed they have significantly excess cheek fat, there is a role for buccal fat removal.  For these patients, a conservative trim of buccal fat helps sculpt the cheeks. Patients look good now and by being conservative, they are not overly hallow over time.

Best of luck.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD