Fluid pooch two days post vaser lipo. (photos)

Hi, This is ridiculously early in the game but I don't see my PS until Wednesday. I am only two days post op and wanted to know if that little wave action is normal, it feels like a little collection of liquid under my belly button. I'm hoping this is normal and it's just swelling, will it go down and lay flat? I love the shape and the rest of my results but slightly concerned about that little pooch! (I am wearing my garment as recommended along with an ab board) Thanks!

VASER HI DEF abdomen liposuction fluid collection seroma treatment

Hi CurvessPlease, Thank you for your pictures and history.  Overall, you look great after your VASER 4D Hi DEF abdomen! Congratulations. However, you mention a fluid pocket with a "little wave action".  This sounds and looks like a serum.  Serums are common after VASER 4D Hi DEF abdominal liposuction. I believe seromas are more common with VASER liposuction than traditional liposuction. This may be due to the aggressive nature of the VASER machine and/or its thermal components. Nonetheless, so seromas are common with VASER 4D Hi DEF abdominal liposuction. The treatment of a seroma is fairly straightforward. You need to see your board certified plastic surgeon tomorrow. He or she will locally anesthetize the area and drain the fluid in the fluid pocket or seroma. At this point, the fluid in the seroma is probably some blood and tumescent fluid. Tumescent fluid was the fluid injected during surgery to minimize bleeding, minimize pain, and achieve optimal liposuction results. You may have to have this seroma drained two to three times with a needle. Most seromas are cured with needle aspiration. It is rare that a drain needs to be inserted to treat a seroma. After the seroma is drained, a tight compression is important to flatten the area. Good luck. If you have any further questions regarding healing after VASER abdominal liposuction, please call my office. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen.

Collection of fluid post lipo

Thanks for your great question with photos. You seem to have very nice results. A fluid collection post lipo is a seroma which is very common. I'm not so sure if that's what you have without examining you. The other possibility is a compression mark below the belly button due to tight fitting clothing. You should avoid waist bands from pants/jeans, etc. and continue with the abd board. Be sure to follow the post-op instructions from your surgeon and keep your appointment.  Best of luck,

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Fluid Collection Post Liposuction

Hi There, 

It appears you have a small seroma or fluid collection. This is not uncommon with liposuction, as we have essentially separated your skin from muscle, removed fat, and left an open space. For two days post op, you look amazing! Your surgeon will most likely aspirated this fluid with a small needle and syringe. A little added compression in that area will help minimize reaccumulation. 

Hope this helps, 

Javad Sajan, MD

Javad Sajan, MD
Seattle Physician

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

you should be getting lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen and RF treatments with your compression at this time.  This will help improve any swelling.  If the fluid continues to increase , you may have a seroma that needs needle drainage.  Best, Dr. Emer.