Is it normal to feel the area numb after Vaser Lipo?

I had it done in my neck a week ago and my neck and face are swollen and numbed.

Post Neck Liposuction-- Swelling/Bruising/Pain

Yes, having numbness in this area is normal and could last up to 6 months. The swelling should improve after a few days if wearing the garment provided postoperative is being worn. I suggest a 3-5 days wearing the garment 24/7 in addition having massages done with an experienced therapist that works with post liposuction patients specifically for swelling to alleviate any pain quickly by drainage of the lymphatic system. Best, Dr. Berger

Beverly Hills Physician

Numbness after Vaser

Yes  it is quite normal to have numbness and swelling in the area after liposuction with the vaser This can last up to six months on average. Usually after one month the appearance is  very acceptable.  You do need to wear your compression however. I have my patients where a garment 24/7 one week and then for half time for another week. Massage starting at your Jaw line down to the clavicle also seems to help if it is done gently 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring --- NUMBNESS

yes this is normal and can last a few months.  we give oral neurontin to make this go away more quickly.  Best, Dr. Emer.