Can PRP treatment for hair loss cause shock loss or hair shedding?

I have currently my doubts about the efficacy of the PRP procedure, since I can't find any positive reports about PRP on popular hair loss forums like "Hair loss talk" or "Bald truth talk". PRP has been out now for a while, surely there should be more "independent" reports about its efficacy. I am also worried about the shock loss and shedding reports after PRP treatment. What is really the current state of PRP efficacy? Should I consider it or is it just expensive placebo treatment?

PRP; Effective? Shock loss? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, there are several studies that demonstrate PRP to be effective in hair loss. Research  exists from as long as seven years ago, both International and National, and many presentations at hair research meetings. Personally, I have seen people with miniaturization as well as active hair loss improve in 2 to 4 months. People with hair loss of less than three years may demonstrate  regrowth. Shock loss does appear in approximately  less than 2% of treated individuals. Shock loss seems to be greater when PRP is combined with Acell or treatment is more superficial or traumatic. Furthermore, you are asking about independent forums. Many of the forums that  discuss hair loss are owned or run by hair transplant surgeons or related entities.I have listed below a truly independent hair loss forum. They have discussed the benefits of PRP.Good

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP Shock Loss

There have been reported cases of shock loss as everyone reacts differently to the procedure. However we do recommend waiting 3 to 6 months to see results, but most see results in as little as 1 to 2 months. You may want to consult a professional in your area and they can talk about a treatment plan for you.
Thank you for you question. I have included a link on a study.

PRP for hair loss

There is peer reviewed scientific evidence concluding the benefits of PRP for hair loss. Shock loss is seen in a small population of individuals. From my experience this tends to occur as a result of repeated injections into healthy follicles rather than injecting in between follicles. Furthermore, as a hair transplant surgeon I often combine PRP treatment with a hair transplant as we have noticed better results. Please note PRP is not going to grow hair on a bald scalp but will provide an increase in thickness as well as help reverse the miniaturisation process.