Can PRP hair loss treatment help to slow down aggressive MPB balding?

I've been diagnosed with androgenic alopecia. The progression was steady until it speed up last year. I've lost much density in last couple of months and hair loss seems to continue aggressively. I can't/don't want to use Propecia or Minoxidil due to side effects. My question is, how effective is PRP for slowing MPB down? Is it any good as a stand-alone treatment or just waste of money?

In my opinion, PRP is effective in decreasing hair loss, increasing the thickness of the existing hair and possibly regrowing hair that has been dormant for three  less than years. It will not regrow overtly bald areas. Results are usually better on younger individuals and those who have lost the least amount of hair.( Lower Hamilton). Hope this helps. Good luck.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP is a great solution

Hello.  Regarding your question: PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) does reduce the rate of hair loss and hair thinning dramatically. How it works is that we extract the growth factors from your blood and inject them into the troubled area in your scalp. These growth factors will enhance your follicles and fortify your hair. It also (in some occasions) makes dormant hair grow back. It is a natural option to prevent/stop hair loss, but as any non-surgical treatment you will have to continue the treatment for life in order for it to keep working. We recommend our patients to have the treatment done at least once a year.PRP has no side effects with the exception of a little swallowing in your scalp two or three days following the procedure but that will be about it.Best of lucks

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon