I had a lactic acid peel 40% done today in skin clinic, skin is raw in this spot near my cheek! How do I treat it? (Photo)

Some fluid was also leaking out of it but has stopped now. It feels like a really bad graze. What is it and how do i treat it? The therapist said she had never seen this reaction before. I was getting glycolic before with no issues. She told me not to use ice :s why not?

Lactic acid peels need to be neutralised, wound care needed.

See the video below for an explanation of how to use Lactic acid peels, 40% is a good strength and it does need to be throughly neutralised. See how its done. For now, see a Specialist for wound care- namely to help your skin heal, prevent infection and post peeling darkening of the area. Correct after care can reduce or prevent permanent scaring. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Raw skin after chemical peel

I would recommend that you apply non-comedogenic moisturizers 5-6 times a day to accelerate wound healing. Consider moisturizers with ceramides or Hyaluronic acid.

Adebola Dele-Michael, MD, FAAD