Sculptra or voluma for saggy skin 33 years old?

I have lost a few kg and I look tired/sunken. my lower face is chubby and sagging as well. The dr told me I am losing laxity. He would inject sculptra into my Temples, cheeks and Chin to add volume to lift the skin up. Can it really help my sagging chubby cheeks? I researched online but don't see much difference for after pictures. I found another place for voluma and am wondering which treatment will be better. I am wondering if I can improve my lips as my looks are starting to depress me.

Sculptra

Hi Juliusbae,Thank you for the questions and attached photos.  Aging is a multifactorial process and volume is just one of the ways to counter the dreaded changes to our face.  I find that a balanced approach to sagging skin is needed to achieve a natural and pleasing result.  In my practice I often combine Sculptra with skin tightening to improve the result.  We use Ultherapy to tighten the skin first, then start a series of Sculptra injections.  By the end of your treatment with Sculptra, you should have the maximal effect of tightening with Ultherapy.  The finishing touch would be a series of IPL for skin tones and fractional laser for improved texture.  Of course, we try to balance budget with ideal treatments.

I hope that helps.
Dr. B

Choice of fillers leave up to Doctor

Both of the fillers are helpful. Sculptra will give longer lasting filling and can be used successfully anywhere except the lips. An HA filler should be used for lips. There is a skin rejuvenating quality to Sculptra that the other fillers don't do.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Sculptra Vs. Voluma

I think either option will work well for you. I think results are dependent upon how you respond to treatment, which varies from person to person. Them most important thing is to find an experienced provider that you trust and feel comfortable with. 

Javad Sajan MD

Javad Sajan, MD
Seattle Physician

Sculptra or Voluma

Sculptra needs to be injected several times to achieve the desired results lasting 2-3 years. Improvement in the quality of the skin in the areas injected is typically seen similar to fat injections and PRP (platelet rich plasma).  Several injections must be placed 5 weeks apart otherwise results lasting 2-3 years may not be obtained.

Injection with Voluma, Radiesse or Restylane Lyft will provide immediate results lasting only 6 months or so.

At a younger age Sculptra or Fat Injections are the best options for long lasting improvement in volume and skin quality.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Sculptra vs Voluma

Hello, and thanks for your questions and photos. These are both great products with pros and cons. Sculptra is longer lasting, but Voluma can be dissolved if you are not pleased with your results. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra and volume

Thank you for your question. Sculptra is not a filler on any level. Sculptra stimulates the cells that make collagen that have fallen dormant as we age. When the cells are stimulated by Sculptra they make collagen and help replace volume that we have lost. A good analogy is "cake"(facial volume including bone, muscle, fat, collagen, and elastin) and "icing" (our skin) As we age we make less cake and our icing starts to slide off. Sculptra can be used to replace some of the volume and help architectural changes associated with aging. I use Sculptra as the foundation for treating facial changes of aging  and then add fillers, skin tightening, and skin care to that regimen. You are young and are just seeing the early changes for volume loss,  whatever you  and your doctor chose to treat your early volume loss will be easier than if you were older' Older patients have more volume loss and skin changes that require more treatments. Lastly Sculptra is not meant for the lips. Lips are best treated with fillers such as Restylane Silk. Sculptra is a unique and effective way to treat volume loss that can be tailored to each patient.

Ben J. Tittle, MD

Sagging skin

Thank you for your question. Voluma and Sculptra are both great options to help to add volume to your face which is lost over the years. However, if you area looking for tightening of the skin I would recommend either Ultherapy or Thermage which use either Ultrasound for Ultherapy or radio frequency for Thermage to promote tightening of the skin. It if often recommended to do a combination of fillers and lasers for anti aging. I would recommend you have a consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to go over all your options. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist