How long can we have the Sculptra reconstituted before injection?

Sculptra and Reconstitution

I like to reconstitute my sculptra at least 72 hours in advance although some people do it 4-24 hours in advance.  I suggest you got to an expert injector.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I have found that for best reconstitution and administration of Sculptra, 72 hours or more is best as the product will be less clumpy

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Sculptra Beverly Hills, CA

Cecile,Hello and thank you for the question.  In my practice, I reconstitute Sculptra with 8 ccs of sterile water 2 weeks prior to the procedure. On the day of the procedure I add 2 ccs of 1 % lidocaine, for a total of 10 ccs per vial.  This has worked well for me and my staff.Warmest Regards,
Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Sculptra should be reconstituted at least 24 hours before injection. Depending on where you go, different offices may reconstitute a couple weeks or days before injection. Every injector has their own technique. However, it should be at least 24 hours before injection. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Sculptra reconstitution

Most experts feel that Sculptra should be reconstituted at least 24 hours before injection to ensure adequate hydration of the product.  Many doctors will use a longer hydration period.    I like to reconstitute Sculptra 3 days prior to injection.  I also like to inject with a cannula rather than a needle for most patients.  This greatly reduces the risk for bruising.  Regards,Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Reconstituted Sculptra duration

It's probably best to have it done 1-2 weeks beforehand. The day of the procedure is not optimal but is what is FDA approved. I've heard of docs using 2 month reconstituted Sculptra without problems.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Sculptra and Reconstitution

Sculptra is best reconstituted at least 3 days before the procedure.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Sculptra Reconsitution

This is a great question.  Sculptra must sit for at least 3 hours after having sterile water added to the solution, though I prefer to have it mixed 24 hours ahead of time and add the lidocane right before injecting.   Once the lidocaine is added the Sculptra is only good for 24 hours, which is why i typically take a deposit for these injections.  If lidocaine has not yet been mixed, the vial is good for up to three weeks.  In our office we dilute 6cc of sterile water at 3cc of lidocaine. I hope that information helps.

Jodie Reinertson, MD
Seattle Physician