Is 30 too young for a surgical mini facelift or thread lift etc.? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 8
Although you look quite young, you might benefit from a facelift. There is really no specific age criteria when a facelift should be considered. The choice of a cosmetic procedure depends on one's facial structures skin type and degree of facial laxity. Of course, a photo could be a bit misleading and I would not rely solely on the advice given over the internet. The best procedure could only be determined during an in-person consultation.
Mini Facelift at 30 Years Old
1) General health of the patient
2) Anatomy of neck
I hope that you noticed that I did not mention age as a criteria. We all age at different rates and some may require interventions at earlier ages.
Before a patient could be candidate for a mini lift, they have to be in great health to undergo surgery. If a patient is in good health, then I look at the anatomy to guide my recommendations.
You have a very limited view of your anatomy because of limit singel view picture you posted. When looking at your anatomy you have:
1) Weak Chin
2) Excess skin in the neck and jawline
For these reasons, I would recommend a mini lift and likely a chin implant.
I hope this helps.
You might also like...
Mini facelift and age
Look for a consultation with a Facial/Plastic Surgeon in your area.
Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz
Is 30 too young for a surgical mini facelift or thread lift etc.?
My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
- very small incisions
- minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
- can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
- no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
- excess fat can be removed
- excess skin removed
- cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Perlane) or facial implants
- most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
Age for Mini Facelift
Young age for mini facelift
Mini lift at 30
- Please do not have a thread lift - they do not last and can be distorting.
- A lower face lift (which some call a mini lift) seems likely to give you a nice result.
- An examination and discussion are needed to be sure.
- Please protect your skin from the sun - it is a common cause of early aging.
- We think of the sun damaging the outer skin but the sun rays penetrate and damage deep skin also.
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.