Dysport wearing off too soon?

I was injected with Dysport 4-1/2 weeks ago in glabellar, forehead areas. Don't know how many units, but went with what the doctor recommended. Had a nice effect in both areas, took between 1-2 weeks. Was pleased. However, just in the last few days, I see an increase in the lines of the forehead, almost as if it is already wearing off. I have been injected by a different provider several years ago, but with Botox, and never had this problem. What could be the possible cause/s for this?

Botox, Dysport and Xeomin should all last 3-4 months.

All neurotoxins (Botox, Dysport and Xeomin) should last between 3 and 4 months. In addition, if injected correctly, these three medications should yield similar, if not the same, results. It's unusual for the effects to only last a month. I'd recommend returning to the physician who performed the injection and asking their opinion.
To answer your question:
The most common reasons for an injection to be less effective or not last the full 3-4 months is using neurotoxins that have been allowed to sit too long in between the time they were reconstituted and the time they were injected or not injecting enough neurotoxin. 
If you have additional wrinkles that need to be treated, you most likely need more neurotoxin. I hope this helps!
Good luck,
Dr. Harmych

Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment with Dysport and duration

Thank you for your question. Your result duration will depend largely on the treatment pattern and the dosing that was used. It is very easy to make either a Dysport or Botox treatment appear to last a very short amount of time or last longer.  If you're concerned that your injector is being too conservative, then I would seek a more experienced injector to help meet your goals.

Dysport wearing off

Dysport and Botox last approximately 12 weeks.  It may be that the injector was too conservative in the amount given.  When getting a product for the first time many injectors will go by experience combined with standard dosage amounts.  It may be that you require a bit more.  I would recommend a visit with your doctor to get their opinion on what may have happened and to discuss solutions.

Camille Cash, MD

Botox, Dysport, Xeomin Results

Some people need higher dosages for the lasting effects. However the majority last 3-4 months.  I suggest speaking to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Dysport

It could be that there was not enough units of Dysport injected initially or that the dilution of the Dysport was not accurate. I would contact the provider who injected you for a follow up to discuss your concerns and any additional treatments you may need to achieve your desired goals. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS