What filler is best for hollows under eyes? (Photos)

I have very thin skin under my eyes that show up purple and the hollows have very crepey skin.

Tear Trough Filler

I would consider using a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane, which will not cause significant swelling and can last for over a year. It should be injected deep to allow for a smooth blending of the eyelid cheek junction. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Or Dermatologist with expertise in this area.

#plasticsurgery#drrodrohrich#fillers

Prominent Tear Troughs

Thank you for your question. There are many fillers for the midface and tear troughs. Typically the revolumization process combines. both The small molecule hyaluronic acid fillers, (Belotero) work well in the tear trough. Voluma to cheeks at the same time complements the process.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler

Based on your goals, you may want to consider a dermal filler. Temporary dermal fillers may provide you with your desired results with minimal discomfort and recovery times.

I recommend you book a consultation with a qualified injector, to ensure you're a good candidate for this procedure.

Take care.

What is the best way to address the hollowness under my eyes?

Hi Mssleepr, I prefer using either Restylane or Belotero. I find that these fillers are very soft and do a nice job contouring the tear trough region. Follow up with an experienced injector who can give you options.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for hollows under eyes

I prefer Restylane for this area.  I also prefer to do most of my filler injections under the eyes using a micro-cannula instead of a needle.  A micro-cannula has a blunt end, unlike a needle, so there is less risk of bruising or other side effects.  I would recommend that you see a physician injector who is comfortable using a micro-cannula.
Regards,
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Best fillers for tear troughs?

I prefer to inject Restylane or Belotero (hyaluronic acid fillers) into the tear trough groove. The filler would be placed in the shadowed area so that it would be at the same level as the fatty bulge to camouflage this problem. This would need to be repeated every 9-12 months or so.

One other doctor in this forum recommended injecting Radiesse here -- that is not advised!  It's not dissolvable and is too firm and unpredictable in the under eye area.

Be sure your physician is an experienced "core" injector (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or occuloplastic surgeon). This is because we all have a keen understanding of facial anatomy and the effects of injecting fillers in different regions of the face.

I wish you well!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler under eyes...

Thank you for your question.  The go to 2 best fillers for under eye hollows are Restylane-L and Belotero Balance.  Restylane is a particulate filler which makes it particularly unique and conducive to use in the tear troughs since it comes out of the syringe in clumps rather than smooth flowing like Juvederm.  As well Juvederm often times in the tear troughs yields late swelling.  Belotero can be placed very superficially since it does not have the Tyndall effect, where you see the blue from the filler under the skin.  It is best to be evaluated in person by your board certified Dermatologist to determine what is the best treatment approach for you.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

What filler is best for hollows under eyes?

Hello Mssleepr1,

When it comes to under eye fillers it is important to realize that the skin is very thin.  This affects my choice for fillers here.  I like to use Restylane.  The reason is that it is a thinner product compared to ones like Voluma and Restylane Lyft.  I am not a fan of Voluma or Lyft in that area as it is more prone to visibility and lumpiness.  The other thing I like about Restylane is it does not tend to pull in as much water as Juvederm.  This minimize the risk of having puffy eyes afterwards (although I love using Juvederm in other areas).  A very conservative option here would be Restylane Silk, as it is so thin, but Restylane would do a better job and last longer in my opinion.  I know some people who inject Belotero there, but I don't carry that product and don't have much experience with it (but from reports it doesn't last as long as Restylane).  

I'd recommend you consult with one of the core physician injectors (facial plastic surgeon, dermatologist, plastic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon) who performs his or her own injections.  He or she can tell you which product is recommended based on his or her experience, but I inject Restylane for my patients.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best fillers for eye hollows

My go to products for eye hollows are Belotero and Restylane.   These are preferable over others because they are less hygroscopic, ie:  they don't pull in water and puff out like a sponge.  Placement with a blunt tipped canula allows us to place more gently and avoid any bruising around the eyes.  

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags -- Restylane/Belotero/Voluma with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

The person doing the injection is more important than the filler itself.  Please see an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.