Skewed septum, will this fix my tip?

Hi, i just came from a nose doctor, i have a skew nose, it seems like only the tip of the nose is skew, the doctor sead he will straighten my septrum. Will this straighten the tip also?

Will straightening the septum straighten my nose

In certain cases a septoplasty byitself  can straighten the nose. However, it appears that you have a dorsal  septal deviation and sometimes a spreader graft is necessary.  When I see patients like yourself I tell them that I will try to correct their nose with a septoplasty only ,however, additional surgery may be done at the same time (such as a spreader graft).  It would also be very helpful to see your lateral view because it looks as though your tip is somewhat displaced posteriorly and a strut graft may also be necessary  for adequate tip support.

Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septal Deviation and Crooked Nose/Tip

You appear to have a crooked nose and some deviation of your caudal septum into the area of the left nostril. Correction of your deviated nasal septum should improve your breathing and may improve the nostril issues if properly done. It is unlikely that septoplasty alone will straighten your nose overall. For this you should consider rhinoplasty with cartilage grafts. Septoplasty and rhinoplasty should be performed at the same time for optimal benefit. Consult with a trusted Facial Plastic Surgeon, who regularly does rhinoplasty and nasal surgery for recommendations regarding your nose. Best Wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon