BBL: Can I use anything to help with the swellings on my butt ?

Like an icy hot pack, or bag of ice? And what can i use for the pain on my butt cheeks?

BBL swellings

Great question !!

The swelling can be a lot of different things. Could be seroma, hematoma, edema, early fat necrosis, early infection. I would suggest you follow up with your plastic surgeon immediately.

I wish you well through your surgery and recovery process, James McAdoo DO FACOS

AOA dual board certified general and plastic / reconstructive surgeon

BBL

I would recommend wearing your compression garment as directed and to apply ice packs on and off for about 10 minutes. You may also discuss with you doctor about prescribing you a Medrol dose pack to help with the swelling. Some patients also do lymphatic drainage massages once or twice a week to aid in swelling and pain management. Other than that, time will be the biggest factor in your recovery. I hope these help. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Please follow up with surgeon each surgeon has there own post-op care.

You are still at the healing stage. The area in your lower back will be still bruised and swollen and this will take 8-12 weeks to settle. Wear your garment and keep your follow up with your surgeon. You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals.

Best of luck!!

Rami Ghurani, MD