Can I return to work 4 days after breast augmentation?

I'm interested in getting a Breast augmentation....(under the muscle, nipple incision). I work in IT so I'm pretty much sitting at a desk all day. I will only have to carry my laptop around to meetings if anything. Is 4 days enough recovery time?

Return to Work After Breast Augmentation

The recovery for a breast augmentation using modern surgical techniques, long acting local anesthetics and ice packs after surgery is very straightforward and relatively easy. For office type work which does not demand much physical activity 2-4 days should be adequate. For jobs that are more physically demanding it may take a little longer depending upon the type of work. Your body and your surgeon can help with that decision.

For more information about breast augmentation please see the web link below.

Best wishes!

4 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
Its early to talk about final results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Augmentation Recovery

Hello.  The answer to your question depends on a number of variables that are difficult to predict in advance.  Larger implants are more uncomfortable early on.  Your personal history of pain tolerance also plays a role.  A decent percentage of my patients are back at work in four days if their occupations are sedentary, but there are always exceptions.  Many of my patients in tech are able to work from home for a few days, so they can extend the recovery.  You should definitely be off all pain meds and muscle relaxants before returning to work.  Best of Luck.

John Q. Cook, MD

Returning to work after breast augmentation.

Thank you for your question. Every patient recovers differently, some may take just a few days to feel good and ready to work, some may take longer as they may be a little less pain tolerant. If your job does not requiere any heavy lifting or much use of your arms then you could be able to return to your job after 4 days of recovery. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Breast Aug Recovery

Definitely people can recover differently and the job requirements are varied as well. In my experience most women have recovered enough to drive in about a week with an augmentation behind the muscle. You could possibly work at home on a computer before then. It is not a good idea to be on pain medications and making important decisions. Bottom line it is when you are off your pain meds and taking meds like Ibuprofen or Tylenol. Good luck.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Work after surgery

Everyone heals differently, but in general light duty like desk work may be possible at 4 days post-op. Check with your surgeon.

Can I return to work a 4 days after a breast augmentation?

Since it is hard to predict how you will feel at four days after a sub-pectoral breast augmentation, you should plan on taking a week off.  You're only having a breast augmentation once, so give yourself enough time to recover, even if you have a sedentary job.  If you feel great at four days, then maybe you could return to work but you should plan on a week's recover.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation recovery

Sure, for most patients who have a desk job 4 days should be enough recovery time. One of the main concerns is that you are not driving and using pain medication at the same time. Other than that, if you are feeling up to it you could easily return to work in 2-3 days.

Return to work 4 days after breast augmentation.

Depending on what you do, this does seem a reasonable goal and most of our augmentation patients do return after several days, certainly by one week after the procedure. Each surgeon will have a routine so be sure to ask yours for details.

Return to work after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  The answer really depends on the type of work you do.  It is not uncommon for women to return to work within 2-3 days if there work does not require lifting more than 10-15 lbs or any strenuous activity as these things are restricted for the first 4 weeks after surgery.  Speak with your surgeon about specific postop instructions.  Hope this helps!  Best wishes!