Pain and swelling increased by sitting in office chair 9 days after Vaser lipo - is this normal?

I'm at 9 days after Vaser lipo and i started back to work on Monday the 20th I have found that it is extremely painful and uncomfortable to sit at my desk for any length of time. I have tried getting up every 45 mins and that helps alittle but not much. Is this normal? is there anything i can do to help make it less painful so i can work?

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Pain 9 Days After Liposuction Normal?

Yes, pain 9 days after liposuction is normal. You will still feel soreness when changing positions - going from lying down to sitting and from sitting to standing. You may even experience soreness up 6-8 weeks after surgery, especially with high impact exercise. Liposuction of the lower extremities can have swelling up to 6 months after surgery because your legs are almost always in a dependent position, except when sleeping. Nearly all swelling will be worse at the end of the day, regardless of area you had treated. Continue your garment as instructed for up to 6-8 weeks to help with swelling, skin retraction, and pain. Herbal supplements such as arnica and bromelain may help improve your comfort by decreasing swelling. Frequent movement can help as well depending on what your surgeon has instructed you about activity. A non-narcotic may also decrease your pain. Discuss your concerns and options with your surgeon. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It takes weeks to see the results of liposuction and swelling can last for months. Massage, RF treatments, Venus Legacy and hyperbaric oxygen will drastically reduce swelling. In my practice most of my patients have very little pain 1 week after following my liposuction post-op protocol. I suggest following up with your physician and discussing your concerns. Best, Dr. Emer

Vaser and post-op pain

Unfortunately we know absolutely nothing about you and what you had done. We don't even know your age or any medical conditions and not even the areas of the body you had treatment. I would strongly recommend you discuss your concerns with the surgeon who performed your procedure or at least provide sufficient information and pictures for us to be able to offer our informed opinion.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Winchester Facial Plastic Surgeon