I want perkier breasts! Is there any way to get the perky look without going bigger?

I'm now 21 years old & when I was younger I never stood up straight. I'm about 6 feet tall & I didn't like my height so I slouched over. Now that I'm older I realize that that had an impact on how my breasts developed. They have never been perky what so ever & I hate that. Is there any way to get the perky look without going bigger? I'm about a 36DD so I like my size! I just want to be confident without a bra!

Breast lift for perkiness

Consider having a breast lift.  A mastopexy is a surgical procedure that moves the breast tissue higher on the chest wall and repositions the nipple to a perky position.  The areolae (the pigmented part around the nipple) can be resized if desired.  The result is firmer breasts with perky nipples.  There is no need to perform a breast augmentation if that's not what you want but you should be aware that part of your current breast volume is from skin.  Excess skin will be removed during the procedure so some women find their breast size decreases a bit from mastopexy alone.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  (S)he will be able to tell you what to expect in terms of size.  Some women choose to have fat transferred to their breasts or a small implant placed in order to preserve breast volume.

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue for the first 3 to 4 months! 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Yes. Breasts can be made perky without implants

It is possible to re contour existing breast tissue to get a better shape out of existing breast. See a surgeon. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Without photos, in general a vertical mastopexy is an excellent technique to achieve perky breasts.  It cones the breast to improve projection and rounds out the lower pole in flat or boxy breast shapes.  Best wishes, Dr. T

Achieving PERKY Breasts

I would not beat yourself too much over the slouching. There is far more slouching going on these days by most of us looking at phones, pads and computer screens than 20 years ago but gravity pulls everything down equally regarding of the slouch.
The key to perky breasts is a forward aiming nipple complex situated at the level of the under breast fold. When the breast skin stretches, the nipples begin falling below the inframammary fold and create a variety of degrees of sagging ALL of which are correctable with a BREAST LIFT or Mastopexy.
In MY opinion the BEST technique of breast lifting is the HALL-FINDLAY Mastopexy technique which in addition to lifting the sagging tissues uses sagging breast tissue as an auto-implant.

Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN

Breast Lift

A breast lift operation or mastopexy, is intended to give you perkier, lifted breasts. It does so using your own tissues. Through plastic surgery, your tissues can be rearranged to make the breasts fuller and the nipples higher. If you are a 36DD, you may have plenty of your own tissue to work with without the need of using a breast implant. Breast implants would add volume to your breasts, making them bigger. Sometimes patients need both a mastopexy and a breast augmentation to reach their goals, but not always. Of course, it all depends on how your breasts look and feel on physical examination. See a board certified plastic surgeon and good luck!

Salem Samra, MD
Middletown Plastic Surgeon

Perky Breasts

Thanks for your pictures.  Nothing replaces an exam or pictures to see exactly what your breasts look like before making any final recommendations.
However in general to get perky breasts without increasing size, a breast lift is recommended.  This will keep your same size but place your breasts in a higher position along with your nipples.  This usually gives the desired look.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  If you want to have perkier breasts but remain the same size, consider a breast lift (mastopexy).  This procedure can help raise the breasts, make them rounder and perkier, reduce areola size and improve symmetry.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Perky breasts

With a DD cup I agree you have plenty of volume. If you have some sagging then the way to make them more perky is with a breast lift. See your local plastic surgeons for consultation. Good luck.

Perky breasts without implants

Take a look at the video attached to see what can now be achieved with current techniques in breast lifting and breast reduction surgery.

Best wishes and kind regards,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon