ALT is high. Can this be cleared quick enough?

What exactly is alt? All my blood work came back fine and I'm negative for hepatitis. My plastic surgeon says my alt enzymes are high and won't clear me for the bbl surgery. Now I have to go see my PCP For clearance on Thursday and I fly out on Monday for surgery next Thursday the 13th. Can this be cleared quick enough? Is it serious?

#BBL #Brazilianbuttlift #plasticsurgery

Hello fisherfied, thank you for your excellent question. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you.

I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.    Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Abnormal labs before surgery

It depends on how high your ALT is and why. I agree with your surgeon that it is best to have this cleared by your PCP to rule out any major cause of this elevated enzyme. Surgery has risks and you want to make sure that you perform this elective surgery safely. Don't stress and let your doctors make sure you are safe to undergo the procedure. Good luck. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you to get to your board certified plastic surgeon with your labs, because sometimes the results may vary, and when we talk about ALT which are reasonably sensitive indicators of liver damage or injury from different types of diseases or conditions, you have to clear this up with your doctor first.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD