How much will 50cc add to my cup size?

I recently got breast augmentation done this past March (2016) and I got 250cc implants. I'm 5'0 tall and about 105 pounds. I was originally an A cup, arguably even an AA cup. My ending result was a 34B.I got saline implants and was happy with the results at first but then my breaths became to settle (like they are supposed to) and I'm not completely happy with my results. I want them to be a bit bigger. How much would 50cc add to my size?

You likely won’t see a difference from an extra 50ccs.

The difference between 250ccs and 300ccs is very tiny. 50ccs is only 1.7 ounces or 3.4 tablespoons, which is unlikely to add the noticeable increase in volume you want. If you decide you would like a more significant increase in size, talk with your plastic surgeon about the possibility of revision surgery. He or she would have initially recommended your existing implant size based on a number of different factors, including any limitations of your natural anatomy, so be sure you have realistic expectations going into your consultation.

50 cc Size Increase

Although your overall breast volume is not very high, still 50cc is probably not enough of an increase to make a secondary surgery worthwhile for you. I would recommend that you spend a while longer getting used to your breasts as they are and trying different bras. If you still aren't satisfied in 6 months to a year you could discuss a larger size option with your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Cup size

Hello,  thank you for your question.  50 cc wil not make much of a difference.   Take in mind that every 300 cc is a Cup.  Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Breast augmentation

How much would 50cc add to my size?Not much. I wouldn't recommend surgery on that right away. Have you seen a professional bra fitter (not victoria's secret)? I would start with the bra fitter.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

50 cc increase

A 50 cc increase may not increase your cup size at all. Often it requires 150-200 cc's depending upon where you started.

Breast augmentation for small breasts

50cc is not worthwhile considering for enlargement. I have the Mentor sizing system, where you could see the difference volumes in a tight sports bra. I would wait at least a year before considering additional procedures. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

How much will 50cc add to my cup size?

Hello tashasilvia,Thank you for your question, and I am sorry to hear you are not happy.  Size dissatisfaction is one of the most common reasons to undergo a second surgery after augmentation so know you are not alone.  I normally quote 100cc-150cc per cup size on the average woman, although this is difficult to assess without examining you.  In general, I would bet that you will want more than an additional 50cc (or 25%).  Please discuss this with your surgeon, and see if you can have 3D imaging performed to better help you decide.  Good luck!  

Hunter Moyer, MD

How much will 50cc add to my cup size?

Thank you for your question.  Depending upon your existing tissue and implant one may not be able to even notice a 50cc change.  I would recommend starting with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast augmentation surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. There are sizers one can use to help a patient visualize the additional volume added to the breast.  Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

How much will 50cc add to my cup size?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your current results have not been what you anticipated.  It is difficult to give an exact answer to your question as there is no direct correlation between implant cc size and bra cup size.  As you have a small frame I would anticipate 50cc to be between 1/3 and 1/2 cup size.  Hope this helps.

Breast augmentation: How much will another 50 ccs add to my cup size?

In general, 150 cc equals about a cup size on a smaller-framed woman, while 225 cc equals about a  cup size on a bigger-framed woman. A plastic surgeon would need to examine you to determine what frame size you have. If you are small-framed, 50 cc would be close to a third of a cup size larger. If you're larger-framed, it would be about a quarter of a cup size larger. I advise my patients they need to wait at least 9 months to allow more room and space to go bigger. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Hope this helps.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon