Orgasm and breast augmentation

I am 2.5 weeks post op for breast augmentation. Bruising is almost gone and there is little or no swelling, breasts are still sore. When I orgasm I feel my breast contract and I wonder if this is O.K. given my situation. Should I refrain from orgasm?

Orgasm and breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. We normally recommend no physical activity for 6 weeks. Please speak with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own protocols. 

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Activity

Thank you for your question. Most patients are cleared for strenuous physical activity four weeks following breast augmentation.  I would discuss your orgasm concern directly with your plastic surgeon regarding what you should and should not be doing at this time. Good luck with your recovery.

Post Op Breast Contractions

Thank you for your question. I generally advise my patients to avoid cardio activity- including sex- for 3 weeks post op due to the increase in circulation/blood pressure. I recommend that you speak with your Plastic Surgeon about what their preference is for post op activity avoidance and to ensure that you are healing well.
All the best

Most likely fine

To some degree this may occur indefinitely.  You may just not notice them any more.  Contraction like this is generally short term so it is unlikely to have any long term consequences.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Orgasm and breast augmentation

There are many factors involved and a lot of them would require a physical exam to assess whether the contraction could be a problem for your final results. Its best to book a followup with your surgeon and ask them. Best of luck!

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Sexual activity after BA

Thank you for your question.   I would recommend speaking to your plastic surgeon regarding when you can resume sexual intercourse (and orgasm) after surgery.  They will be able to assess your healing and advise you whether there is a risk of injury.