Asymmetrically Placed Eyes. What Are My Options?

I was wondering if there is anything that can be done about eyes that are unevenly placed, like Shannen Doherty where one eye is placed noticeably higher than the other. I apologize for not providing a picture of myself but I don't currently have any available. My case is quite similar to Shannen Doherty's though, although I don't have her other features to make up for it!

Doctor Answers 2

Asymmetric Eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You would need to be examined to give the best advice. If the bony sockets are uneven, you may not be able to do anything surgically to improve.  However, sometimes asymmetry can be somewhat camouflaged by making adjustments in brow heighth, eyelid show, and brow fullness.  See a plastic or oculoplastic surgeon to assess your face and make recommendations if anything can be done to improve the appearance of symmetry. Sometimes a little Botox or a tuck  of eyelid skin or a unilateral browlift can help

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Asymmetric face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You likely have facial bony asymmetry with one side of the face larger than the other side.  The larger side may appear to have the eye in a higher position.  Options may be available, such as one sided brow lift or blepharoplasty, or using noninjectables such as Botox or filler to camouflage the asymmetry.  See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 91 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.