Can Anything Be Done About my Asymmetrical Face?

I've known for a long time that my face wasn't quite symmetrical, but it wasn't until I took this photo that I realized how bad it was. Once I could see it I went back and looked at photos and my great grandpa has the same face. Just my luck when I could have gotten any of my other great grandparent's faces... Anyway can anything be done? More importantly anything affordable? I'm 19 and don't wanna be making car payments on my face.

Doctor Answers 3

Sculptra to Correct Facial Asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Dan,

I would use Sculptra injections to create symmetry on your face.  You have much less soft tissue supporting the left side of your face.  Choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Facial Asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are ways to help you achieve symmetry in your face.  However, your face is not an area where you want to cut corners.  So when you are ready, please seek out a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Facial asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your posted photo clearly supports your concerns. Your best bet cost wise and with the best risk benefit ratio is a filler. This could be sculptra or injected fat or one of the other available fillers. My personal preference would be fat harvested from elsewhere and injected into the face because it is easier to control the volume of filling. Sculptra slowly fills over the weeks following injection. That can make it hard to get the end result you want. With fat what you see is what you get followed by variable degrees of fat graft survival. Thus you may or may not need more than one session. The nice thing about fat is whatever survives 6 months or more after injection is permanent unless you lose weight. Also if you gain a lot of weight the graft may become larger than you want but that can be adjusted with minor surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.


Aaron Stone, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.