Can veneers be put over an existing bridge? Also, can a bridge be made using veneers?

#Veneers over existing bridge? #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
Porcelain veneers can be bonded to an all porcelain bridge, but I would not recommend this. The cost to bond veneers to your current bridge would be equal to or more than the cost of a new bridge. The best option for you would be to replace your current bridge with a new bridge with the proper esthetics and durability. I always recommend looking at before and after photos of actual patients of the dentist you are considering before selecting that dentist. This will give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Veneers on an existing bridge

You don't mention what you are trying to accomplish with changing your bridge. It is true that you can bond porcelain to porcelain. The cost of making 3 veneers and bonding to an old bridge is probably equal or more expensive than making a new bridge that takes into account all of your goals. Additionally there will be compromises both estheticly and structurally. I would charge less to make a new bridge and have a better warranty of my work. 

Veneers to modify bridge

If the bridge is sound in all aspects and is made with porcelain, new veneers could be made to change the contour and shade of an existing bridge. Porcelain may be bonded to existing porcelain, and this is actually a very strong bond when done correctly.  A bridge can not be made completely from veneers as there would be no underlying structure.