Pronunciation problems after veneers (Photo)

Hi.I'my a new singer. My teeth veneers are less than a year old.I have problem with "S" and "Z" sound and now I can not record my songs because the S sound is sometimes sibilate and sometimes S and Z sound is like my tongue is between my teeth ! One time my doctor changed two of them but nothing changed in my pronunciation ! Please help and give me advice, what should I do?

Dental Veneers Affecting Speech

Speech can be affected after any type of cosmetic dental procedure, including dental veneers. Dental veneers are thin sheets of porcelain or resin composite that are bonded to your teeth. Speech issues will usually correct themselves after wearing for a couple of weeks. However, if you are still having problems with your speech, especially when you are singing, I would recommend going back to your dentist as your new dental veneers might be too thick, too long, or ill fitting. Good luck and please let us know how you go.

Redondo Beach Dentist

Pronunciation changes after dental work

Pronunciation changes after dental work  can occur with the positioning of your front teeth been too long or too short. Your S sounds and your F sounds are related to the  relation to your lip line and your tongue space. Luckily our bodies can readily adapt it may take a few days to weeks . If you're unable to adapt to the new tooth size or position you may have to modify the existing teeth until you are comfortable once you find a comfortable position,  you may have to have new teeth made accordingly

Richard Sprague, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Pronunciation problems after #veneers #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
The position of your veneers can have an effect on your speech. Many people adapt rather quickly to new veneers, while it takes longer for others.  Because you are still having trouble with pronunciation, it could be that your veneers are a bit too long or too thick. These two things can be corrected by your cosmetic dentist if necessary.  I would recommend speaking with you dentist about this issue. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100