Is around 800 dollars for 70 units of botox normal pricing?

I get botox to get a bit of an eyebrow lift, between the brows and forehead . I go to a surgeon and it lasts at least 3 months or more but I'm wondering if that's overpriced? I've been to spas where it's cheaper and it does not last even a month. I am extremely happy with the result I get but I wonder if the price is normal to be that much.

Botox pricing

That sounds pretty average, as Botox can vary in price from $11 to $15 per unit. If you like your results and your injector, then I suggest you stick with them.

Comparing Botox Prices

One of the main reason that spas and other injectors give such low prices for Botox is the fact that they either use tiny amounts of the product or dilute it to make the effects last as you say "a month".  For the best results please find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Botox.

Cost of Botox

• You are being charged $11.43/unit.
  • This is an absolutely standard fee and better than many.
  • Spas will often use diluted Botox, fake Botox or buy Botox illegally from people who ship it in from abroad - without quality control.

Stay the course, if you're satisfied

Given your satisfaction with the Botox treatments rendered, I would recommend staying with your surgeon.
In Newport Beach, most Physician injectors charge $10-12/unit for Allergan's product; nurse injectors' rates may be lower.  Dysport charges are typically by anatomical zone, instead of units, because this Botox is
33% as effective as the Allergan product, so the charges are understandably reduced.  Although we are
understandably drawn by "deals", safety and outcomes should trump bargain Botox.  Best regards, lkc

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Cost of Botox in Toronto

I am glad to see that you are having Botox treatments with a specialist and are happy with your results.  $800 for 70 units is a very reasonable price to pay for the expertise of an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon in Toronto.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

The price of Botox varies by city and by the experience and training of your injector. $800 for 70 units is a bargain.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

No

That is typical price in NY.  The spa probably diluted it more than it should be and that is why it did not last

Vicki J. Levine, MD

This is the major issue with using  MDs to inject a poison vs a "spa" personnel, NP, PA... As MDs we are set to that "higher" standard than these other non MD injectors, so you need to ask yourself. Would I let a non MD remove a cyst or mole from my face or have a MD do this? Obviously the response is you would ONLY us an experienced MD. So why would anyone use non MDs to inject these medicines/drugs/poisons into your face is beyond me. Yes, I understand the $$s involved. But the cost for BOTOX is around $6/unit. Plus add in the extra materials (syringes, needles, alcohol pads, gauzes, gloves); plus the over head costs (rent, electricity, state fees, etc). The true costs for one unit of BOTOX approaches $8/unit. That is without the professional or MD component. In your situation of $800/70 units, the fee per unit is $11.43/unit. A net fee to the MD injector of $3.43 or x 70 = $240.10.... Thus you obviously received either diluted, less units, out dated BOTOX from the SPA that lasted a short time. 

800 dollars for 70 units of Botox is a reasonable price.

Eight hundred dollars is a fair price for 70 units of Botox and probably on the low side.  The more important issue is the knowledge and skill of the doctor who is injecting the Botox to give you the look you want.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Price of Botox

800 dollars for 70 units of botox seem extremely cheap.  I would guess that its not Botox but is Dysport?  No matter the toxin (botox, dysport, xeomin), it usually needs to be repeated every 3-4 months for most people. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon