Please help with this veins post abdominal Lipo phenomenon. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had lipo almost four months ago, no heat , energy or laser was used, as i also did a fat transfer. Anyways now i have what seems to me like blue/ red veins on my stomach that increase and decrease, appear/dissapear depending on temperature and my activity. After a hot shower they dissapear, after a walk or activity they dissapear but then come back a few minutes after i stop... If inam cold they become very promenant in color. My dr said to give it time.

Liposuction - now I have mottled veins on the abdomen.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.
  • I am sorry this happened.
  • Wait a year and if the veins don't subside, then  consider laser vein treatment for them.
  • Since you aren't heavy, the likely explanation is that your surgeon had to go near the skin to harvest fat.
  • The network of veins under the skin has been either exposed by removing fat or irrigated, so the veins have dilated.
  • This often will subside in time - so wait another 8 months before having any treatment.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Skin Mottling after Liposuction.....

Mottling of the skin after liposuction is a fairly common occurrence.  Although most people believed they are healed from surgery in just a few weeks or a couple of months, healing actually continues internally for about a year.   It will likely slowly improve over the next several months.  

Please help with this PostOp lipo vein phenomenon.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your liposuction procedure.  I have seen this take place in patients but more commonly in the opposite temperature conditions as yourself - worsens with heat and improves with cooling.  This vein prominence is temporary and tends to resolve spontaneously given enough time.  Hang in there and allow yourself at least a couple of more months to see improvement.