Can I drink sparkling soda water with Invisalign? (photos)

I know drink liquids other than water when wearing invisalign aligners may make tooth decay. What about sparkling soda water(like the things show in the following pictures)? I think they are suger free. Will them weak the aligners? And do I need to clean my tooth after drinking them until meal?

Only water with #Invisalign DrSoftTouch

Hello Wendy, 
I always tell my patients to ONLY drink water while wearing Invisalign trays.  Sparking soda water is acidic and the low Ph will eat away at the surface of your enamel.  If you absolutely have to drink while wearing your trays, then I would recommend that you take them out and rinse thoroughly with water, shortly after finishing your beverage. It is important to really take care of your oral hygiene when using Invisalign. I would recommend trying to drink more plain water and brushing your teeth more frequently (after each meal).  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

What to drink with Invisalign trays in?

Thank you for your question.  This is a common concern among invisalign wearers.  Water is the only liquid that you can drink with your trays in.  Sparkling water is a carbonated beverage.  Although there is no sugar in them the carbonation makes them very acidic.  The acidity is damaging to the teeth.  It will get trapped under the tray and can erode the teeth.  I am not sure if the acidity has any effect on the tray itself but it may.  Stick with the water and you'll be fine.  Hope this helps.  Good luck! 

Supriya Verma, DMD, FAGD
New York Dentist