Why are my ribs so painful after tummy tuck?

I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair only. No lipo

Post op rib pain

It isn't uncommon for patients to complain of post op rib pain. Possibly due to how you were positioned on the table and/or you could be holding your body differently to compensate for your abdominal scar. Let your surgeon know about your pain, but it should resolve on its own with time. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Painful ribs following tummy tuck surgery

it is uncommon to have pain in your ribs following tummy tuck surgery. In my opinion, this is probably skeletal in nature related to your positioning on the table during surgery or during recovery.
I recommend that you contact your surgeon and have him check it out. He will be best to advice you.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS, FACS

Soreness after tummy tuck

It is not uncommon to feel soreness in your abdomen after a tummy tuck. Tightening (placating) the muscles will cause general tightness with movement and coughing but this does get better with time. How long ago was your surgery? Generally patients are able to resume full activites and exercise 6 weeks after surgery and the soreness will continue to improve. If it persists then you need to contact your surgeon.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Ribs sore post TT

Who knows.you may have been bruised when they transferred you from one table to the cart.It may be referred pain from the tummy.It should reolve with time.Take some anti inflamm.drugs to ease the pain.If it persist then for sure see you plastic surgeon.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Why are my ribs sore?

So sorry to hear of your rib pain. Having done this operation for years, I do not hear of this post op problem. How long ago was your surgery? If no lipo was done ,I would call my surgeon and ask for a post op visit today. I'm sure it is nothing ,but these issues always need to be confronted immediately. Wishing you the best. 

Neumon T. Goshorn, MD

Tummy Tuck Post Op Pain

Thank you for your question. Patients occasionally experience pot-op rib pain following tummy tuck surgery. It's most likely positional. I would follow up with your plastic surgeon for an in-person examination. Good luck with your recovery.