Sculptra for sagging skin? How does that work? (photos)

I have seen doctors recommend Sculptra for loose skin on arms and thighs. I understand it is a collagen stimulator and of course a volumizer for the face. I am having a hard time understanding how it could help loose skin on arms or legs. Why would that work? Wouldn't it take huge amounts ($$$$) How long would it last? Would it require a re-do every 6 months, 2 years? How much would it take for say arms vs thighs? And cost? Thanks!

Sculptra for saggy skin on thighs and around knees

Sculptra is not an appropriate product or solution for your areas of concern if used alone.  You might consider various RF(radiofrequency) systems to help contribute to some skin tightening or smoothing for your concerns.

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra For Body Wrinkles

I use this all over the body, chest wrinkles, arm wrinkles, knees and face.  I find that its best in combination with a radiofrequency or ultrasound skin tightening device or even thermiRF.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Loose Skin and Best Treatment

I would definitely look into Thermage to tighten the skin.  Sculptra would be a waste of time and money and not tighten the skin in that area.  Best, Dr. Green

Sculptra for body areas

Sculptra is a collagen bio-stimulatory "filler" that works to restore volume by causing neocollagenesis.  Sculptra can be a great option for volume loss, sagging skin, and small contouring irregularities.  However, in larger areas of the body, large amounts of sculptra would need to be used over multiple session that usually makes this treatment not-cost effective except for very small areas.  Consider non-invasive tightening devices or a treatment like cellulaze.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra for sagging skin

I think Sculptra to the distal thigh to try to lift the skin is a waste of time and money. It would cost a large amount and give you little to nothing in improvement

Julio Garcia, MD

Sculptra for sagging skin does not work for the thighs

I don't think that using Sculptra in the areas of the thighs near the knees is going to give you the effect that you desire. Thermage or Ultrashape with Velashape or a combination thereof will give you the desired cosmetic effect.

Dr Karamanoukian